Saturday, September 28, 2019

How to 'Survive' in the Hospital?

For background: 28F, been in the hospital for over two months and still no end in sight.

My question is two-fold ---

First, does anyone have advice on HOW to feel human and clean?! I'm on bedrest (with the veryyy occasional shower, maybe 1x/week if I'm lucky) and I just feel disgusting. Bed baths don't cut it, my hair is a constant ball of grease (I was actually in tears last night about it and my amazing nurse washed it in a basin for me, but I know that's a lot of work and would feel guilty asking again). My face isn't really breaking out, but the skin just looks awful, and my whole body is itchy and dry. And I'm so hairy... I tried to 'dry shave' with my razor in bed but that obviously didn't feel great, then tried Nair but it was such a mess, also trying to do that in bed. Does anyone have suggestions for anything?! I have Prime and can order whatever, maybe just large headbands to wear between hair washings? Any face/skin products? Little things to add to my routine? Right now, the only thing I do daily is brush my teeth and wash my face/wipe down my body. I had a friend visit a few weeks ago and she tweezed my eyebrows and painted my nails and omg I felt like a new person. I tried wearing real clothes for a while, too, but that became too much of a hassle with so many tubes and wires so I'm back in a gown. But basically I just want to feel human again - I'm not talking makeup or anything (I rarely wear that at home) but I just need to not feel so gross.

And second, what hobbies do you guys have that I can do in here? I can only watch so much Netflix, but I have books, knitting, journaling (I'm trying bullet journaling, actually, but I'm SO not creative!), crossword puzzles... I'm super far from family and friends so it's tough trying to stay busy. I've been browsing the arts/crafts section on Amazon but can't find anything that doesn't require a ton of supplies or physical space to do. I think this whole ordeal is really taking a toll on my mood, so I'm trying hard to stay engaged in something instead of falling back into a depression-fueled Netflix binge.

Thanks!!



Submitted September 28, 2019 at 08:31PM by sej_19 https://ift.tt/2o6wcaB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...