Friday, June 7, 2019

Why are so many people so against Baldur's Gate 3, when we haven't even seen the game yet?

While I am seeing a great amount of excitement, myself included, I'm also seeing a great amount of pessimism, almost immediately.

People are complaining about the fact Larian is making it, people are saying this is a blatant cash grab, people are pissy about it not being 2e, people are complaining that they aren't resurrecting the bhaalspawn story line, people are even complaining that the game won't be made on the fucking infinity engine.

One of the complaints that throws me for a loop the most is the complaints that the game won't be isometric. Like, what? Why would they make a flagship D&D title in a clunky format, when they can render the world in 3D as detailed as the old art? We live 20 years after the original game came out, why wouldn't they want to leverage modern hardware and techniques?

As for the storyline, I sighed a breath of relief that this isn't a weird continuation of the Bhaalspawn sage. A Saga which ended perfectly well on its own, and was given a definitive (if bad) punctuation with Murder in Baldur's Gate. Now, instead of resurrecting a story line which was already wrapped up, they've actually started a new one that was preceded by unresolved plot lines in Baldur's Gate 2. I can't see how this is a cash grab considering the pedigree attached to it, the fact they aren't rehashing old story lines, and the production values involved.

I mean, not to dismiss legitimate concerns, like Larian possibly not being able to nail the tone of the story, but we haven't even seen the game yet. And we likely won't until at least 2020 (imo) by how Sven talked about their place in development. I'm just wondering what people exactly expected from a potential BG3 release?



Submitted June 07, 2019 at 08:20PM by RoastCabose http://bit.ly/2K6cVjh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...