Thursday, June 6, 2019

Modeling horror stories.

Lets call this one "creepy photographer in the white robe with a half chub"

I was a professional model for over about 9 years. I met some really creative people that I've created beautiful art with. This was the time when models used modelmayhem.com to book gigs. I had a manager but at first I was working for myself. Booking my own jobs, getting myself to the shoots and teaching out to other models that worked with the photographer before I went to any shoot. It's a crazy world out there and I always made my safety a priority. Any of these photographers could have pulled a Ted Bundy and killed me which is why I always contacted models and people they have worked with prior to my shoot date. I hope I'm not rambling here, just trying to give you a little back story etc. For those who dont know what I'm talking about. I was 19 years old and a little crazy lol. By crazy I mean I was impulsive and enjoyed doing crazy/fun stuff. I'm very creative and writing/acting/modeling and singing are my forms of expression.

I loved modeling and the work I created. The industry will always be a huge part of who I am but I stopped modeling due to stalkers/ and a lot of trauma that occured.

Now, I have plenty of horror stories unfortunately but being this is my first post I will start off with this photographer named Jay. He messaged me on the site model mayhem that I mentioned previously. I booked majority of my work on this site and at the time it was a great way to book consistent gigs. You could TFP trade for print or do paying modeling jobs. (Clothes, makeup, beauty, magazines, swimsuits, lingerie, fun concepts etc.

Okay so the guy offers me $400 bucks to shoot lingerie sets for 3 hours. Remember I'm 19 and new to the industry, the shoot is at a fancy hotel in NYC where I was based out of. I was excited to be making $400 bucks and brought my guy friend along just in case shit got weird. Which it did. So, I pack my stuff, get my nails done as I always did before a shoot. I was so nervous but excited. I was confident and comfortable in my skin. I get to the hotel room and I knock on the door. The guy "photographer" opens the door wearing a white robe. FIRST RED FLAG! HOW INAPPROPRIATE TO BE ANSWERING THE DOOR WITH A ROBE ON AND A HALF CHUB. I immediately starting having a panic attack. He greeted me and apologized for being in a robe saying he just got out the shower. I had my friend with me so I said to myself "ok, let's get this shoot done, get paid and get the fuck away asap" we went inside and started shooting. I was probably nervously laughing but my friend was right in the other room. He tried making me comfortable but he was still in the robe and it made me feel grossed out. He offered me champagne SECOND RED FLAG I declined. I had smoked a joint before hand to calm me down. I have anxiety disorder so yeah. He starts shooting me in different outfits and poses. I start to get into the shoot because I do love modeling. It came natural to me. But as he was taking my picture I could see his creepy boner rising. That's when I got dressed and freaked out on him. I demanded my pay and told him he was gross and unprofessional. I felt betrayed because he told me he wasn't like that and the models confirmed he was professional. So I thought he would be. I left the hotel room crying. As a young woman I felt repulsed that this man was getting a boner, half naked and making advances to me and wass getting horny and was a genuine creep.

Atleast I got my money out of the shoot. He sent me millions of text the day of and after telling me how hot I was and sent me photos from the 'shoot'. I told him I would never work with him again and warned him not to do this to any other girl in this industry. I'm a huge supporter of women and womens rights. It was disappointing. He kept calling and texting until I blocked him and wrote about him on the websites forum to let other models know how he really was with me and to be careful. No one should be sexually harassed and I have been most of my career. I want to share these stories to help others in the Industry and help prevent anyone going through the crap I endured. I'm also posting these stories because some of them are so hilarious and fucking insane that it could be made into a movie. It's also therapeutic for me to get these expierences off my chest. I encountered such crazy people. I hope you guys enjoyed this. There will be plenty more coming. This one is nothing compared to what was to come in my career. I just want young ladies to be careful, protect themselves and take the proper steps before meeting someone for a photoshoot that could be some deranged predator.

He would call for the next few months trying to send me more money and shoot with me. I blocked him but he called from different numbers. He was a Patrick Bateman type dude. Like some rich business man that liked photographing young women for whatever reason but I think we can all agree it's his spank bank and he objectifies women and that I will never stand for or accept. He was borderline stalking me for several months. His energy was creepy. I got the pictures from our shoot which were pretty decent and used some to build my portfolio, got the 400 bucks and left with my dignity. Never let someone make you feel uncomfortable and unsafe. Fuck that guy. What a nut case but was light work compared to the other freaks I encountered. Like I said before, I met some really talented/ creative people and made a beautiful portfolio of work of myself. I got to travel a lot and be my own boss which I loved. Just be careful out there ladies.



Submitted June 07, 2019 at 05:29AM by rebelwithacausex http://bit.ly/2K4ni7t

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...