Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Lets Talk About Bloodborne

So a few things before we get started, everything that I'm about to say is strictly from my perspective, only saying that because I know if this thread blows up there will be some controversy. Other than Demon Souls I have beat em all,(even Sekiro) most more than once. My first one that I got was you guessed it, Bloodborne. I didn't know much going into the game other then it is tough as nails and would require a lot of patience and skill to beat. This is a guy who played League of Legends on his Macbook Air for 2 years than decided one day to pick up one of the hardest console games out there. Why did I pick it up? The game was 3 years when I bought it. Well I'm huge for boss fights and I remember stumbling onto TheDemodcracys top 10 hardest souls series bosses on YouTube, and I remember watching the gameplay in the background. My god those bosses looked insane. Then the Orphan of Kos, that thing is the hardest boss of all time? The fight looked like something out of an epic anime. I went straight out and got it.

I grinded over and over dying countless times, learning the mechanics, builds, finding different attire, farming, the list went on. I had a list of every main game and DLC boss open to make sure I didn't miss anything (not the chalice dungeons though) because when I beat them all, I was gonna rank them myself. Seriously that was my goal. And when I finally beat Laurence I cheered for joy, because he was next, Orphan. The boss fight I was waiting for all this time. I think my first playthrough took 72 hours or some shit. Regardless it was a fight to remember. Never had such a rush in a video game then when Orphan had a tiny bit of health left and I had 0 blood vials. My GOD when I delivered that final blow it was something to remember. A memory in gaming that I will always cherish.

So I went out and bought DS 1,2 and 3, on the spot.

-DS1 is like art. A masterpiece that contends for one of the greatest games of all times.

-DS2, uh, yea lets move on.

-DS3 ended up being my favourite game of all times even to this day. IMO not flawless but just about there

Then, came the turning point, Sekiro was released and I got a copy on opening day. All my souls experience really made me struggle early on and I hated it at first. I got to Genichiro and kept dying over and over until it clicked. I finally understood the combat system. I got gud. And my god is it the best combat system ever. The most rewarding, highest skill ceiling, etc.

Now why do I bring this up? How come I made post about Bloodborne then presumed to talk about other games?

Well I recently went back into bloodborne for a second playthrough and my god jesus fuck this game did not age well at all. All of the Sekiro bosses have made me realise how much more intense and enjoyable it is to fight HEAD ON. Yes. HEAD ON. See I have always not been huge for some of the big monster fights in soulsborne as a whole. Some of them are very awkward to fight and half the fucking time you can't even lock on because your camera is gonna have stroke. But serious talk, is this the worst main game in soulsborne regarding boss fights? (Now I'm not talking about the different areas and varying enemies Bloodborne has very good areas and IMO some of the best in all of the franchise) Yes I understand that sticking to their butt is a good idea but does that make for a good fight? No it doesn't at all. It's stupid. You aren't engaged in the fight at all. It's just awkward and annoying as fuck. AND I KNOW that all the soulsborne games have big bosses but Bloodborne IS LIKE 90 PERCENT BIG BEASTS OR SOME TRASH BOSS. Like lets look at the main game list of trash bosses.

Cleric Beast

Witches of Hemwick

Darkbeast Paarl

Shadows of Yharnam

Rom

One True Reborn

Amygdala

Micolash

Celestial Emissary

Ebrietas

Moon Presence

DOES THAT SOUND LIKE A GOOD LIST???? There are IMO only 4 good fights in the main game, Gascoigne, Gherman, Vicar Amelia, and obviously Logarius. 4. A game that is based on epic and butt clenching boss fights has 4 good fights, and like you could argue that Vicar Amelia sucks too but her cutscene bumps her up. Now we're not talking about DLC because it is IMO the best DLC FromSoft has ever made. and this is what bugs me. You make all these trash fights with these big beasts and I get to the DLC to find Ludwig and...... Oh my goodness, that fight is fucking awesome. You are rewarded for quick stepping into him you face him head on, crippling his body for extra hits, and the fight forces you to react perfectly to each attack and he's so aggressive you have to stay on your toes at all times or say goodbye to your blood echoes. Than you get to Lady Maria. Oh my god, probably the best fight in the game although a little on the easy side. Insane moves and watching her swap to the blood arts is INSANE. Than you have Orphan, do I need to say more.

Yes I did just bitch at Bloodborne but my god someone needs to put this game in it's place sometimes. I play these games for the hard to master difficulty and the insane boss fights. And when the boss fights aren't insane and just awkward, it kinda stinks. If this game didn't have the DLC that it has then idk if I could ever go back and play it again. Just begging for the DLC to start the entire way. DS2 may get a lot of shit and while Bloodborne is better than DS2 as a whole, comparing main game to main game IMO, they aren't far off from one another.



Submitted May 02, 2019 at 06:17AM by zzSway http://bit.ly/2ZR4RHO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...