Wednesday, May 1, 2019

[TOMT][PAINTING][middle ages - I think] Jesus post-resurrection

I'm looking for a very specific painting of Jesus post-resurrection, so this is pretty much a needle in a haystack I'm looking for.

I'm somewhat sure that he is quite pale, his torso is exposed, and he is quite skinny, almost gaunt. His features are pretty hard. No one else is in the picture, and it's possible only his upper body shows. One hand holds up two fingers close together as in the traditional peace-sign with the rest of the hand somewhat firmly closed (although that detail I'm not so sure of), the other exposes the nail wound. I'm not sure whether there's a halo. Overall the picture feels a little distant, with Jesus giving off an impression of cold majesty.

Any help appreciated, be it suggestions of art styles or artists or periods to look into.



Submitted May 02, 2019 at 05:27AM by one_excited_guy http://bit.ly/2J7Ztuc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...