Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Chronicles of Steel Soul (Part 1)

Thought this might be fun to do, and I'll continue them if it gets a decent response, might continue regardless.

Started today, the day of my fourth steel soul run. (others were ended by Brooding Mawlek [twice] and Mantis Lords) to catch you up, I have a sharpened nail, and and the cyclone nail art, with mantis claw and mothwing cloak. I also have all fragile charms, with 6 charm slots. I usually run greed, heart, compass, and swarm, unless it's a boss, Where is swap the non combat ones for strength and whatever else.

I started in Crystal Peak. Well, I started the real experience almost losing the run to a TikTik, but Crystal Peak is a better start. Having beaten the Guardian, I wanted to get to Hallownests crown to access another nail upgrade. I bounced on the miners nail to get up to the big cavern with the whispering root in it, and proceeded into the narrow shaft with multiple shardimites, crystallized husks, and Crystal hunters. I figured out, if you lure the last Crystal hunter over to the shaft, you can take a hit to bounce on his head, up into the shaft. Who needs the Monarch Wings? I got the pale ore, and moved to deliver the shopkeepers key. Got the elegant key, and went to get the charge slash, both these missions went off without a hitch. With a new nail art and spell under my belt, I proceeded to grind Geo for my channeled nail (by grinding I actually mean selling all my relics). After that, I challenged the soul master to a duel. The way up did not go as planned. People give primal aspids a lot of shit but I hate the soul twisters way more. I got to the boss with three masks left. I decided I'd better go back to the bench,which worked out. Still got this run going strong. Fortune had it that a great slash along with a normal hit would kill them, and my next trip was much better. I also found the spell twister charm on my second trip. It went quite well. At the end of the fight, I only lost one mask, and with desolate dive, I went to get descending dark. Once I get Descending Dark, I'll exact my revenge on the Mantis Lords, though that can wait till tomorrow.

Any tips or general help for Steel Soul would be much appreciated. I'm playing slow and getting as many upgrades as I can at a time.

Edit: gonna hijack this post to say that I died, and my system shat it's pants, and kept the steel soul run save, and lost my 60+hours original file. Is there a way to possibly get this back? If no, no big deal, but if yes, I'd really appreciate it.



Submitted January 30, 2019 at 02:35AM by Big_Ol_Boy http://bit.ly/2RYTmOu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...