Tuesday, January 29, 2019

questions for buying nail supplies as a gift for the wife

Hey y'all! I'm trying to put together a surprise gift for my wife and need some help (considering how clueless i am with nails). My wife recently got into doing her own nails and she loves it. She only has a few colors but I know she's been looking at getting some base coat and top coat. She also doesn't have any tools. I sort of want to surprise her with a "kit" of stuff. Anyways, I tried to do some research and need advice on the following:

-cuticle pusher/remover/cutter: I read cutting them isn't good but to use some softner. It looks like the sally hansen instant cuticle remover is the most recommended. Also is there a difference between cutter and trimmer? Additionally, for the pusher things, should i go with silicone or metal? Is one "better" than the other? The idea of using metal on the nail to scrape it backwards gives me shivers down my back.

-file: uhh so this is where i have no freaking clue. I read glass if good but some reviews make it seem like it's not as effective. Should i just get one glass and one normal kind? Also, what's the best grit size? and why are there so many options for grit size?

-lotions and oils and stuff: so apparently cuticle oil is a thing. Is there a brand or specific kind to get? i also read some recommendations for coconut oil or jojoba oil (that's fun to say!). Does it matter or as long as you have something to put on your cuticles you're fine? and then i was going to get some random hand lotion i know she loves the smell of and is running low on. But some sites specifically mentioned to use lotions for the nails like a lotion stick from bliss kiss.

-basecoats: any recs or is any from a good brand okay?

-tools: i was just going to buy a random set of nail art tools (some dotting tools, fan brush and a thinner one) or a stamping kit? the nail art tools one seems easiest for me to buy because i tried to do research on stamping kits but i got confused with the different sorts of stamps and what not.

I was going to put everything in a "train case" from amazon for her as a gift. any other advice is welcome! thanks in advance laqueristas!



Submitted January 30, 2019 at 01:43AM by MetalReindeer http://bit.ly/2CS7Ghb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...