Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Unable to find fineliners for sale in my city

I've been struggling massively to get started on all this because fineliners are, inexplicably, very hard to find over here (Romania). There doesn't seem to be a single store that sells even cheaper 0.5mm ones here, and even the online ones are either devoid of stock or only have them in color packs that are severely overpriced and usually out of stock.

Is my only option to try and have them delivered in bulk from abroad? Given the shipping costs, that would be severely off-putting, and my lack of tools has already made me lose a bit of motivation.

EDIT: Thank you for the responses. At long last I have found an art supply store that has the Faber-Castell fineliner on the recommendations page, and I'll be picking one up by the end of the week. I'll probably be using a backup pen until then, since thankfully I have managed to find a half-decent one.

Annoyingly, even this store doesn't have the usual Staedtler ones, which seems to be because Staedtler doesn't ship them to Romania at all (along with many other things). They're not the only ones with this issue, which leads me to believe there's a huge lack of demand for these products here - unsurprising given that art is largely seen in a negative light here.

And yeah, I know the point of using these pens is solely to make sure you accept your mistakes, but I do want to take these lessons as seriously as possible. I can save the pencils and my drawing tablet for when I want to have some fun, but nailing the foundations is what's going to let me do that in the first place. Currently I have a really hard time tolerating mistakes of any kind (big problem for me in general), and I know for sure I would just try to correct myself if I used something like a ballpoint pen or anything else that would allow me to correct myself instead of just recognizing my mistakes and moving on.



Submitted December 10, 2019 at 03:24PM by dniwehtotnoituac https://ift.tt/2sfAlvb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...