Tuesday, December 10, 2019

First gig as full band and not as prepared as we should have been. How to make the best out of this?

I have a solo project and wanted to play live so found some really good musicians and we've been playing together for awhile now. We've had some gigs already, however only in small places (like art galleries, hence lower volume), not as a full band and have not played the songs as complex as we're playing them now.

Me personally have been practicing every day since we got this offer but as a band we've not had as many opportunities as we would like to practice. It sounds great when we're at best and we're only gonna play 6 songs but there is still uncertaincies regarding the structure of some songs, difficulties nailing the riffs and me especially as a guitar player (and singer) has a lot of effect pedals to think about. We play this dreamy, shoegazy space pop/rock with a lot of atmospheric sound. Here's one of our songs so you can get an understanding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jUrcueonyo

Frankly I'm a bit nervous even though I don't have any stage fright. All musicians are skilled and has gig experiences, but again I would like to have a lot more practice as a full band an we're only going to be able to have 3 more opportunities to practice as a full band before the concert. Also, there are a lot of friends, co-workers and what not joining and I don't wanna mess up this.

So, please any advice. Anything to make it easier for us would be highliy appreciated!



Submitted December 10, 2019 at 11:55AM by cutecatgotangry https://ift.tt/2PApZOe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...