Saturday, December 7, 2019

AITA For Ghosting My Exfriend Without Telling Her Why?

I guess I should start with why I stopped being friends with her in the first place. As a kid I had to move around a lot so I didn't have many friends in general let, alone close friends. So when I met a girl with a similar story we clicked instantly and eventually became best friends. We had alot in common and hung out alot but over the years she became more and more aggressive towards me. Both physical and mentally. Like once she told me to give up singing because I sounded like nails on a chalkboard. We were 13 and I always loved music, so this really had a negative impact on my life. I don't wanna say that she's the reason I gave up music or art but I will admit she did play at least a small role in it. Also, around this same time, I was diagnosed with an eating disorder to which her response was "Holy Shit! Could you teach me how to be Anorexic?" When I confided in her about it. Plus she would lie to me so much I could never tell if she was actually telling the truth. She always tried to prove herself better than me, I guess to "insert dominance" but I honestly have no clue. She even told my parents that she did my math homework for 3 years when in actuality I helped her by letting her cheat off me in every class I could. Another thing she would do is use me to do things and go places. It started with little things like not paying at the movies or for a book and then bigger things, like when we went to Universal and even tho she promised to pay for her ticket she literally never paid for anything. She said, "your parents can afford it so why should I have to give them money?"

Anyway, after a while I got sick of always feeling used or....I guess bad? Especially after the Universal incident, so I decided to just cut her out. We went to different schools at that time and she moved a few cities away so it was fairly easy. The only problem now is we now go to the same University and she keeps trying to talk to me but I pretend to ignore her, not speak English or not know who she is. I still feel bad about it and I feel like I should tell her. I don't like confrontation tho and I feel like if I told her she would find away to turn it back around onto me, just like she always used to.

Tl;dr: I had a friend in middle school/highschool that was extremely toxic, so I got fed up and cut her out. Now we go to the same University and I seem to not be able to avoid her, tho I'd rather jump off a bridge than be her friend again. Am I the asshole?



Submitted December 07, 2019 at 10:37PM by camisadoclouds https://ift.tt/2LyJx4v

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...