Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Why do mirrorless cameras have more AF points than DSLR?

I noticed that my Canon M50 has 143 focus points, triple the amount of focus points on the brand new Canon 90D, and even more than the 5DS R. It's not just the M50. I see that trend on many other mirrorless camera brands as well. The Sony A7 mk 3 has 693 focus points, the Nikon Z7 has 493 focus points, and the Canon Eos R has 5655. Meanwhile, many Canon DSLR has only 45 focus points

Why is it that way? Does that mean mirrorless camera has superior tracking and focusing compared to DSLR? I know that in the big picture (lol) it might not be that big of a deal because people still take stunning photos with 9 focus points in the past. But how do it help to make me a better photographer?

Also, one more thing about mirrorless camera is that I don't have much issue with third party lenses. For example, I heard that Sigma lens frequently have problem with front (or back) focusing and many of the Art lenses will need a USB dock for calibration before using it on a new DSLR. But it has never been a problem with my Canon M50. I nailed focusing most of the time, and if I didn't, it's because of my error, not the camera.



Submitted October 02, 2019 at 04:51PM by yukinara https://ift.tt/2mVLAGN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...