Tuesday, October 1, 2019

I'm leaving college.

This is a really difficult decision for me, but I think I need to do it. I haven't been at peace for MONTHS up until this moment, at 12:29 am, sitting down to ask my fellow redditors for support and advice and criticism about my decision.

I've worked, ALWAYS, to please my parents. As the adopted middle-child of a very traditional family, I've always been both the black sheep and the star child. There is a lot of toxicity in my family that centered around me.

I deflected. And made myself small. And only in the past year or so have finally been developing a personality. And my parents hate it.

I am a 20-year-old female in her third year of college with a full-ride academic scholarship that lasts for 7 years, so I can afford to make this decision.

Everything that I loved is now just stressful or I have no time to feed my passion for it - reading, writing, making art.

But tonight I decided to stop school, get a job, and start doing things for me.

Tomorrow I am going to school, withdrawing, and then going straight to the salon to get my nails and hair done. I'm going to go to my job interview on Thursday, and crush it, and have a great lunch with my date.

I'm going to start learning how to breathe.



Submitted October 02, 2019 at 07:44AM by Aydeedoo https://ift.tt/2nwW13Y

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...