Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Destructive 8 yr old daughter

Is this normal? My daughter just turned 8 yrs old. She is not violent destructive. But she destroys stuff. She cut the hair on her older sister's original American Girl dolls. Her older sister is an adult and let daughter play with them, assuming she would be kind to them. She got her own American Girl doll a few months ago and despite being told not to, painted the nails with real adult nail polish. She gets in to my make up so much that I cannot even wear make up anymore because it is pretty much never there. Or, I don't wear make up because I had to put it on a top shelf and it is a lot of work to drag a chair in to stand on to reach it. She has drawn all over her walls. Now I found a watch that I really liked...with one of the bands chewed so much it is damaged. And, at school, she just got in trouble because she wanted a boy to laugh at her so she wrote her name on the board where kids who are in trouble were supposed to write their names. The teacher told her not to but she wouldn't stop. She says the boys always have so much fun and laugh all the time so she wanted them to laugh at her too.

I do not recall any of my other children being destructive like this. I feel like for Christmas, I need to buy her cheap stuff that can be thrown away. Oh yeah, she destroyed my own baby dolls I had left over from my childhood because she decided to color on them to make make up and such. They were baby dolls! Not big kid looking dolls. I did not allow her to take them, she took them on her own. It is typical of her to sneak around and do stuff like this. Her demeanor is very sweet and nice. She is not violent or talk back-y. I make sure she has plenty of art supplies and such so she has an outlet for her creativity. But it continues. And today, finding the damaged watch, it is more than a final straw. I am fed up! Anyone have any suggestions for me?



Submitted October 30, 2019 at 08:27PM by RiBrit https://ift.tt/3258lXr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...