Friday, October 25, 2019

Church Grim (first encounter)

"Greetings! I'll keep this brief:

Since I have seen many people on the subreddit complain that the lore made by fake lore artists is equal to kindergarten levels of creativity, I took it upon myself to create a short piece of story regarding the players first encounter with the Church Grim that everyone will enjoy. Here we go!"

-------------

Cold, dead silence, a precept of death. Soot filled the sky as the warmth of the sun began to fade, slowly. My hands and legs began to tremble as winters cold air embraced me, I looked at the ground to see it marred with the remains of the living, animals and people.

I trudged forward, still slightly infirm from the march up the hill. After what seemed like a good twenty minutes of walking, I gazed upon what seemed to be the remains of a run down church. Its outer walls coated with a thick layer of dirt, vines and other creepers hung from the windows and rooftops.

I ventured inside to see the ruined hall. Their were torn down gospels, tapestries, even the frosted glass of the windows looked stained with soot. A gigantic hole was just behind the apse. It wasn't intentional, that's for damn sure. I decided to investigate.

The hole looked like something had carved its way through to the outside. I noticed a hidden door leading to a ginormous cellar just behind the great altar. I headed down there next. Inside, was a sort of Totem like structure. It was hard to describe, but it looked like someone had made a wooden cross entangled with animal bones and skulls were placed on top of the cross.

Just then, I heard...the most ghastly sound imaginable come from up above. It was like an animal screeching its lungs out, gnashing through its teeth, yelping, crying and roaring at the same time. I unsheathed, grabbed my sword and went up

It sounded like it came from beyond the hole. As I grew closer to the noises the...thing was making, I swore I could hear voices, minuscule whispers saying :

"Rotted hound, Nightly flock, On deaths door, they knock."

I stepped outside the hole and what I saw was...unsightly. Amidst the vale of rotted and decayed remains of organisms, stood a giant creature. Its head looked like the skull of a hound, The wings on its back and the tail resembled a ravens while the haunches, legs, fur resembled a dogs. The creatures left arm was nailed to a gigantic cross that it dragged along, begrudgingly and its whole body reeked of the stench of a thousand dead animals.

The creature looked at me. It slowly made its way towards me, still keeping that deadly stare, it was not until the creature stood five metres in front of, did I realise how exasperatingly horrendous it was. It began to raise its cross, preparing for an attack.

With my weapon in hand, I prepared for the duel to come.

-------------

"And on that note, I think i'll stop. Don't want to take too much of your time now, do we?

Feel free to criticise, add your ideas, or give feedback to this excerpt. I'd love to hear what you all think about it, and hopefully, this will help you all get inspired to write some well written lore or story's about your creations in the future!

Concept three of the Church Grim will come very soon! I do plan on using digital art as my medium this time in hopes that my design will have more of a 'Art-Worthy' nature to it than the previous two.

Thank you all for indulging.



Submitted October 26, 2019 at 05:22AM by SvarturUlf https://ift.tt/2JqPDD4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...