Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Threads of a relationship

36ishHL female married to an amazing 40ish man. LL? I'm not sure. Comfortable? Complacent? Yes. Did I let him get that way? I sure did.

I'm not a patient woman. While I'm working to fix our DB I know its not going to be an overnight fix.

Which got me thinking about thread art.

When we first began our relationship and building it up it was like winding thread around nails. Creating patterns and paths unique to us and how our life was being built.

It was beautiful.

But, art when not taken care of decays. It ages. It gets weathered and worn.

As we proceeded with life those threads become fragile. Different events cause them to break. Emotional affairs on his end. My overcommitment to work and not to my household. His anti-social behavior my neediness. Kids, family, stress. You name it.

Soon that beautiful piece of art is a shattered display of tiny broken threads.

You step back and see it for what it is. A mess. So you start to want to fix it.

It starts with one thread like a hug. A touch. A light kiss. Getting him used to my caresses again. Showing appreciation for what he does. Having the affection recpriocated. Movie dates on the couch. The little things.

Just a reminder to impatient people such as myself. It took years for those threads to break down. Its not an overnight fix. Its gonna take one thread at a time.

Our first thread? Our legs touching at night. It's not mind blowing sex, but it's a touch and a step forward.



Submitted July 02, 2019 at 05:02PM by cravesyouraffection https://ift.tt/2XGmSdY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...