Friday, May 31, 2019

Best way to tell nail tech you’re not happy during service?

I went to my sister’s nail place today to get a fill instead of my own due to convenience (I’m visiting my parents for a few weeks, an hour from my apartment and regular place.) She insists they’re amazing and my place is overpriced. My place is rather famous on IG in our area but the nails are always perfectly shaped and perfectly thin. I pay 75-80 for a gel pedi and a UV fill (no frills, art, just basic square with gel polish) and today I paid $115 for a gel pedi and a UV fill and my nails are...not so good. They’re thick, not square, uneven, not flat (like thicker toward the tip) and she left excess CDN gel under one of the nails. She put three coats of polish on before top coat. I like a more natural look and it just looks like I have hunks of melted pink wax on my nails, super fake (meanwhile, the color is neutral pinkish-white, meant to be sheer, and she put so much polish on that they look pink pink.) She asked me for feedback on the shape and I was trying to explain they were too thick and bulky without coming off like a twat. She said she would fix as we went on. I tried a few times throughout to modify what was happening but the salon just became more and more crowded and she was not listening. I was just feeling rude. My toe nails also are really unevenly cut-so they won’t look as good in sandals.

I tipped her 20% but called back and spoke to the manager explaining I was unhappy and why. They’re going to fix them tomorrow so problem solved, but I just feel bad I couldn’t verbalize what I wanted as it was happening. How do you try to modify what you want to your nail tech without coming off rudely? No matter what place I go, I always feel like if I try to ask for something to be changed.



Submitted June 01, 2019 at 12:04AM by yuabrunobruno http://bit.ly/2WCkOD2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...