Monday, April 1, 2019

Is everything, everywhere, getting worse all the time? I'm getting older, and was told I would be more cynical of the world, but does everyone else feel this way all the time? Is this coming from some external source or is this how I'm supposed to feel?

I should elaborate on this, I know. But it feels like everywhere one goes, things just seem like they suck now, and are getting gradually worse.

EDIT: a small list of things that bounce around my brain almost every day.

  • The health of our planet is in dire jeopardy. Apparently nobody cares about this, and those that do are ridiculed for their 'outrageous claims'.
  • I'm admittedly on the left side of US politics, and have trouble understanding the values of the other side. It feels like common sense vs. anger. This seems to be the consensus for everybody on the left I talk to.
  • I'm close to graduating from college, which has increased exponentially in cost from my birth. This does not guarantee a job, and most skills I'm expected to learn / utilize come from training not received in school.
  • Money, really, in general. I'm terrified of being injured because it will cost a fortune. It could potentially place me in debt for many more years than I already will be. Cost of living seems to be exponentially increasing as well, without equivalent increase in payment.
  • Politics. The powers of the world bicker on social media. People fight tooth and nail to deny rights to so many people in the world. Politicians keep getting caught having sex scandals, then preach how horrible people who have those scandals are.
  • Technology. The planned obsolescence is blatantly designed to increase sales, damn everything else. Headphone jacks removed? Nobody wants that, but it happens. Windows has evolved into a shit-show of an OS, with Xbox related apps on my work PC I literally can not remove. All the most popular websites and their 'redesigns' that are absolutely tone-deaf to any users that enjoy them.
  • Media. It's so rare to have new, quality ideas. How many reboots and prequel / sequels come out compared to original ideas? Movies are a form of art, but now they're just cash grabs. Same with games, which have become barely-legal forms of gambling, designed intrinsically to prey on those with vulnerable brain chemistry. Money has taken over the most popular forms of media without the decency of making quality content.

One of the worst parts, to me, is realizing that being this anxious and depressed about the world has a solution: medication. It doesn't fix any of these problems, but just makes it so I don't notice or care about it. But it won't go away, and won't solve the issues for someone else who feels the same way.

Sorry for the ranting list, but I just NEED to know - am I the only one that feels like Humanity has just collectively stopped trying? Is feeling this way my fault? Do other people feel this way? I have nobody to talk to about this.



Submitted April 01, 2019 at 10:28PM by amusement-park https://ift.tt/2TKm9Co

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...