Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Quality of Final Fantasy for late folks

I started my JRPG-career with Namco-Titles like Tales of Symphonia and Baten Kaitos. When i played more Tales-Games i realized that it's over all the same metaphor told. No matter if you play Vesperia or Abyss, it's always about friendship, racism and stuff like that. So i am good now with playing maybe each 3rd entry.

When Final Fantasy XIII came out, i was angry af about the whole L'Cie-stuff and so on and overall we know it's not the best entry in the series. After that came FFXV, which is with it's combat like one of the worst games i ever played. I don't say it's the worst for everyone, but for me it just does not work. And the confusing story and quicktime events are the nails in the coffing. Had to ragequit after fighting the titanguy.

Now i played FFXII and i do love the art-style and music. To be honest, i rushed through the game with a hard hitting Damage Dealer, a Mage for the last fight and a healer. The story wasn't so much for me too. I played Nier and Nier Automata before and was amazed by it's Evangelion-like story.

Now i am asking myself if Final Fantasy may be nothing for me overall. Maybe i am just more into the niche games like Resonance of Fate and Final Fantasy is too mainstreamy or lighthearted for me. I am used to have hardcore mechanics like Dark Souls, Bayonetta and Monster Hunter. (i do know that those are action adventures or hack'n'slash-titles). Final Fantasy never challenges me and i am not into doing the optional stuff after the credits. Or should i aim at that?

I am amazed by the options FFXII offers me. But you never need them. Spells like Balance sound nice, but you never need to use it in the main story. Just hit hard with a Bushi and that's it for all fights you encounter. The hardest time i had, was when i had like 5 debuffs on my whole party and you could not make enough gambits for them all.

Should i give VI, VII or X another try or will i never find anything in those games, like i found in Nier or Resonance of Fate?



Submitted January 02, 2019 at 06:09PM by garciiia http://bit.ly/2TqMCoR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...