Thursday, January 31, 2019

Bored and Crooked and uneven free edge is what causes me to bite

I have been biting my nails for over a decade now in my life. It started because a family friend died and I bit my nails to calm existential anxiety and depression that began from that as well as becoming a teenager. Since then I tried everything but it doesn't seem to work. I bit through the bitter nail polish, bandaids, hot pepper, gloves. I had bloody nubs for a long time. I would get acrylic nails on and off as a teenager but stopped due to it being pretty pricey going back all the time to the nail salon. I didn't bite my nails as bad when I had acrylics and gel but if the manicured became chipped I would start again. I stopped for the most part when I really occupied in college and at work. Now after graduating college I notice myself biting down again at work. I've noticed that my biting habits pick up again when I feel bored and anxious and it sets off this chain of me biting the free edge of the nail off until it's crooked and then I bite it again. I get obsessed about the nails not looking straight and not feeling "correct". I've noticed that free edge grows back more thicker and covers more of an area than the nails that are not as bitten.

I want this to stop! I feel like I lose so much time just sitting around and biting my nails and picking at them than being productive. I'm tired of having ugly nails and being self conscious and gross about it.

What do you all recommend. I saw a post about dip powder which seems to be the new thing in nail art. Is it worth it? I know that covering my nail with polish does help but it has to stay on long enough for me to unlearn this habit and it hasn't happened long enough for me to fully rid myself of the habit and once again I go back to munching because it's not "correct" and the free edge grosses me out.



Submitted February 01, 2019 at 12:28AM by Babypeep http://bit.ly/2UxOaxS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...