Friday, December 28, 2018

hanging art on rented plaster walls?

Hi! I hope this is the appropriate community for this type of question; please direct me to a better one if not!

I sort of recently moved in to a corner of a ~90-year-old house; I am renting. It's cute, quirky, and in a great neighborhood. I had initial troubles trying to hammer a nail into the wall which is why, 4+ months after having moved in, the walls are mostly bare.

I re-read my lease, which says I am not to make any holes (via nails, screws, etc) into these walls, but can makes holes into the molding at the top that adjoins the ceiling. I have researched picture rail hangers, but this isn't quite the same and those types of hooks will not slip onto this. It's more like large, flat slats of wood that are nailed to the wall.

For lighter items, command hooks will work fine, but if I have a heavy, framed piece of art or a mirror, how should I attempt this? I imagine it involves nailing a hook onto the molding and using picture wire to hang the frame, but this seems like it could look inelegant.

Any ideas?



Submitted December 29, 2018 at 05:27AM by lolololcity http://bit.ly/2GIfqaR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...