Thursday, September 27, 2018

Taps and Whispers Post 3

9.27.18

Post 1

Post 2

Okay I finally heard back from one of the admin, and the email basically said that the information that I was trying to post was too graphic, that they got several complaints that I was personally attacking people in my posts. Yeah, posts, as in more then one even though I know it was just the one. I looked back on here to see if it seemed I was personally attacking anyone, but nothing. I’m just a little confused I guess. I emailed them back with a copy and pasted version of the post, telling them that was the only thing I had posted, now I’m waiting to hear back.

In my personal life things have just gotten strange, well stranger. I don’t remember doing somethings; like the other morning I woke up at 10 and panicked. I jumped out of the bed, just briefly acknowledging that I was dressed, and ran to Theo’s room.

“Theo! Get the hell up and get Mia…” But my voiced trailed off. Theo wasn’t in his room. I looked dumbfounded until something clicked in my brain, and I ran down the hallway to Mia’s room. She too was gone. My knee failed me, and I hit the hardwood floor with a loud thud. When the haze left me I was standing in the kitchen with my phone ringing in my hands. I looked at the number, I was calling Theo’s school, why would I call them before Harrison?

“Hello?” A elderly lady sighed as if that wasn’t her first hello.

“Hello, yes I’m sorry.”

“How many I help you ma’am?”

“I’m Theo Chambers mom, I was calling to let him know about a family emergency.”

“Oh, I’m sorry about that, would you like me to send him a note to his class?”

“Uh, no. Is it possible I could talk to him myself?” I ripped at my nails with my teeth.

“Yes, please hold and I’ll send for him.”

Five long minutes passed and one by one I ripped at my nails until a familiar voice picked up. “Mom? What happened? Is everything okay? Is Mia okay? What about Dad? Are you okay?”

“Everything is okay, everyone is fine.” I bit down on my lip. “How…how did you get to school today?”

Nothing. I had to look at my phone screen to make sure the call wasn’t dropped. “Are you fucking kidding me?”

“Hey! Language!”

“Mother you drove us to school. You made us eggs and toast, gave us money for lunch, and drove us to school. I don’t have time for this, I’m in my art class.”

And with a click he was gone. I put my phone down, trying to remember that morning. Eggs and toast was normal, but not giving them money for lunch, I always made them a lunch. I looked down at my clothes, and realized it was what I wore yesterday. I must have fished it out of the laundry this morning, but again did I change the night before? In my head I remember changing, at the same time I was unsure if that was the right night or not.

Yesterday, got a text from a weird number too. All the message said was “When you hear it, don’t move, don’t even breathe”. The number was ‘8’, thats all just the number 8 as the number. When I tried to call all I got was the this number cannot be reached. So, I did what normal people wouldn’t do, I texted back. “Who is this?” Delivered popped up on the bottom of my message. I stared at my phone for about five minutes, then gave up and put my phone down. As soon as I stood up my phone dinged. I looked at the scream, and again it just repeated itself. So I texted back “When?”

This time I put my phone face down on the table and went into the bathroom to clean, and when I returned I had 103 unread messages, all from the same number, all saying one thing: Tonight.

A scream got lodged in my throat, but I swallowed it before I freaked myself out even more, and I just turned my phone off. I don’t know why I did, but the rest of the day was normal, if not better then it has been in a long time. I went and got the kids, and Theo actually talked to me, while Mia was excited to see me. Harrison brought me flowers and even made me dinner. We did a family movie night, and all went to bed on the early side, and for the first time in weeks I fell right to sleep.

I never turned back on my phone, but I did bright it up with me and plugged in the charger, so when It buzzed loudly once I was shocked awake. I was on my side facing my nightstand, my phones dim light lit up the a small portion of our room. I didn’t need to read the message to know what it said, and so I held my breath as the tapping began. I held it as long as I could and when I thought I couldn’t anymore the tapping stopped. Now I’m not a champion on holding g my breath so it must have been like a minute, maybe less I had no way to know for sure, but the tapping was gone. I slowly let air back in my lungs and exhaled, watching the window for anything out of the ordinary, and then…

It was noon. I was at the kitchen table covered in dirt, my nails broken, my hair a mess. My phone was right in front of me, a message on the screen that only said “I told you not to move.”

“I need to breathe.” I said out loud.

“Don’t move.” I stared at my phone as if it could hear me.

“How?” I whispered.

Something next to my right ear let out a low exhale, and then in my left replied “Just don’t move.”

So I closed my eyes and held my breath, and when I opened them it was 2, and my phone flashed one word: Good.



Submitted September 28, 2018 at 01:51AM by clinicallylost https://ift.tt/2xGSrpQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...