Monday, September 24, 2018

AITA for having a bit of fun with my new neighbour?

I (30m) live in an apartment building with 4 apartments, and I and two other own our apartments, but the last one the owner is renting out. Last week a I got a new neighbour, a single mom with a probably 3-year-old girl. I and my new neighbour liv on the second floor with no one above us. Other than saying “Hi” to them we had not talked at all.

On Wednesday last week, she had put up a wreath on her door, a flower in a glass jar and something I can only describe as dead twigs in a flowerpot. I thought to myself, “Okay, this was a bit strange that she did not say anything before putting up the flowers. But I’m not going to say anything”. But it did not bother me, but it looked a bit strange.

On Thursday when I got home form work, she had put up a couple of signs. A big one that had “Home sweet home” written on it, one that had “A smile cost nothing but gives a lot”, and “chocolate fixes problem”. Along with a woodcarving thing. She had still not asked me or said anything else to me about this about wanting to decorate the stairway, so I thought now is my turn.

On Friday as soon as I got home I got a nail and hammer and put up a picture on my own. The picture was of George Costanza from Seinfeld when he is half naked on a couch, wit the test “the subtle art of seduction” written on the bottom. A let it hang for a couple of hours, before changing it of a fake painting of Kramer, also from Seinfeld. She opened the door when I was doing it catching me a bit of guard, but I told here that if she wanted to decorate the stairwell she can, but I wold appreciate to be involved since I also lives here.

On Saturday morning she had taken everything down except the wreath, and I removed the Kramer picture. Later in the day I knocked on her door and said sorry for being a bit silly, but repeated that I wanted to be involved in decorating the stairwell. She told me that she did not think men cares about decorating and that she was not interested now at least. I am pretty sure that she hates me now.

Edit link to pictures https://imgur.com/a/rjOHTAh



Submitted September 24, 2018 at 08:21PM by akrano https://ift.tt/2OOQuOi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...