Friday, May 25, 2018

I bought 175 games on the Switch, and I'm rating them here.

Intro: Yes, I used to have about 150 games but now I'm sitting at exactly 175 so I thought I may as well make a post. This list is not in alphabetical order, it is in order of recently played first.

Proof: https://imgur.com/a/nybWxCj

Rating:

One * means it's awful and not worth buying. Two *s means it has some merit but didn't impress me. Three *s means it impressed me. Four *s means it's an essential purchase, one I don't regret.

I will also include (b) to indicate I have beaten the game and (nb) to indicate when I haven't.

***N++ (nb) Unbelievable amount of levels

****Splatoon 2 (b) Salmon run

*Hulu (b) Limited selection of TV and Movies

***Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (nb) Adventure mode turns this fun distraction into a fun time-sink

****Mario Tennis Aces: Online Tournament Demo (nb) Menu is slick, and the how-to-play section is well written

****Picross S (nb) Perfect game

****Super Mario Odyssey (b) 100%’d this twice, coming up on three times

**Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 (nb) Noticeable downgrades from the first collection

***Mega Man Legacy Collection (nb) Challenges are great, ability to change aspect ratio is a plus

***Little Nightmares (b) Scary game

****The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (b) Haven’t found all the seeds

**ACA NEOGEO SUPER SIDEKICKS 2 (nb) Soccer times two

**KORG Gadget (nb) Limited music maker, still engaging

***Bayonetta 2 (nb) Not as engaging as the first game

***Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (nb) When I beat it, maybe I’ll like it more

*Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (b) For children

**Blossom Tales (nb) Barely touched this one, feels like a bad LTTP

*Kitten Squad (nb) Downloaded for the meme

**Arcade Archives TERRA CRESTA (nb) Average SHMUP

***ACA NEOGEO STAKES WINNER (nb) Horses

**Arcade Archives 10-Yard Fight (nb) Football

**RiME (nb) Semi-unplayable

*Death Road to Canada (nb) Can’t run, last I checked

****Celeste (b) r/tomorrow

***Kirby Star Allies (b) Endgame stuff is worth it, but I wish it was harder

***Flinthook (nb) Shiny, still a dirty rogue-like

***Sky Rogue (nb) Flashy, mileage may vary

*Vroom in the night sky (nb) Bikes can’t go fast

*It’s Spring Again (nb) For children

**NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM TRILOGY (nb) Fighting games aren’t for me, and this one is okay

**ACA NEOGEO METAL SLUG 2 (nb) Pew pew

**The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (b) Annoying

***ACA NEOGEO GHOST PILOTS (b) Surprising

**ACA NEOGEO METAL SLUG X (nb) Pew pew

**ACA NEOGEO METAL SLUG 3 (nb) Pew pew

**Light Fall (nb) Unfocused, doesn’t run like I wish it did

***Puyo Puyo Tetris (b) Story sucks, but Tetris and Puyo Puyo are great together

*GalGun 2 (nb) Actually excited for this, but it isn’t as lewd as it should be and the gunplay doesn’t feel right

****Rocket League (b) Better than Vroom

****Stardew Valley (b) Consistently blows off socks

****Bayonetta (b) Fuck yeah

****Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 01: Variety Kit (b) I’m 18 and I built everything by myself, worth it

*Enchanting Mahjong Match (nb) Not sure this is how Mahjong works

**Word Search by POWGI (nb) Music is atrocious

***DOOM (b) Gyro aiming is great, game is repetitive

***ACA NEOGEO MAGICAL DROP III (nb) If you like this stuff then you’ll like this stuff

**Burly Men at Sea (nb) Ignored for the most part, it probably gets good later on

***ACA NEOGEO OVER TOP (b) Racing turned up to 11

****Floor Kids (b) Music slaps

***Shelter Generations (b) Worth experiencing

**NO THING (nb) Music doesn’t slap

**Arcade Archives STAR FORCE (nb) Decent but meh

**ACA NEOGEO SENGOKU 3 (nb) Don’t even like beat-em-ups, so I regret this purchase

*LEGO Worlds (nb) Shallow

**Lode Runner Legacy (nb) Had a bit of dumb fun with this, but it couldn’t hold my interest

*Clustertruck (nb) At least it will be better than Hello Neighbor when that comes out

**Mutant Mudds Collection (nb) Playing this sometimes feels like a chore

***Owlboy (nb) Haven’t played it to the end, but this is a great game

**INVERSUS Deluxe (b) Pew pew pew pew pew

**ACA NEOGEO FATAL FURY SPECIAL (nb) Fighting game, not much to say

****ACA NEOGEO WAKU WAKU 7 (b) Never had this much of a blast with a fighting game—to me, this is the gold standard

**Xeodrifter (nb) Metroid clone with elements from Mutant Mudds, I prefer this one over Mudds though

**Yooka-Laylee (nb) It’s pronounced Ookoo-Lehleh

***Don’t Starve (nb) Can’t get into it on Switch, played it to death on PS4

**TENGAI for Nintendo Switch (nb) SHMUP but not as good as the other SHMUPs from the same developer

**Arcade Archives PUNCH-OUT!! (nb) Inferior to the NES version

***Snake Pass (b) Unpolished in some areas but great fun, controlling the snake is something I won’t forget

**Farming Simulator Nintendo Switch Edition (nb) I got bored of farming and went searching for the gold instead, which improved my time with the game

****Super Meat Boy (b) Play it if you’ve never played it before, or if you wanna play it again I guess, it is a masterpiece or whatever

***Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (nb) Platforming and boobs

***Fire Emblem Warriors (nb) Only spent around 8 hours with this, Hyrule Warriors is more fun to play even if FEW is still objectively better

***DragonBlaze for Nintendo Switch (nb) Funny and fun to play

**Mercenary Kings (nb) Too much to do, none of it is all that fun

***L.A. Noire (b) I’m a detective

**Human: Fall Flat (nb) Better than I thought it would be

**De Mambo (nb) Worse than I thought it would be

*Toki Tori (nb) Ugh

***Crypt of the Necrodancer (nb) Another roguelike, yay

***SteamWorld Dig (b) Pales in comparison to its big sister, but still memorable

****Arcade Archives VS. SUPER MARRIO BROS. (b) Hidden gem

***Scribblenauts Showdown (b) Best option until Mario Party

****Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (b) Whether you take the story seriously or not, this game has gorgeous level design and uses it properly, combat feels awesome, and the english voices crack me up

**VOEZ (nb) For a rhythm game, I wish it wasn’t so basic

***SamuraiAces for Nintendo Switch (nb) Flying people

**JUST DANCE 2018 (b) Good for exercise, but the songs are trash

***Slayaway Camp: Butcher’s Cut (nb) Tough-as-nails puzzler

**Last day of June (b) Artsy game, I really wanted to like this but it fell flat at the end, the whole thing was tedious and it would have been nice for it to wrap up in a meaningful way, but it didn’t stick the landing with what it was trying to do

*Spelunker Party! (nb) Must appeal to someone, but not me

***Kingdom (nb) I just can’t wait to be king

****Detention (nb) Makes my skin crawl

**ARMS (nb) Not for me

**Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (nb) Tried to get into it, couldn’t

***POKKEN TOURNAMENT DX (nb) Spent five hours learning Pikachu’s moves, then forgot everything by the next time I played

***Snipperclips Plus (nb) Adorable, only play with friends

**Lumo (nb) Isometric, not as polished as it could be, this game could have been great

***The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ (b) Even my girlfriend likes this

***Bleed 2 (b) Probably better than Bleed

**DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS (nb) Don’t have the patience for this

****Cave Story+ (b) Essential game, essential game, essential game

***Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (b) Got so good at this, one of the best racers if not THE best racer **1-2-Switch (b) Too fun for its own good, seriously, this kills at parties

***TumbleSeed (nb) Poor game, should have sold better than it did

***Uurnog Uurnlimited (nb) Almost want to give this two *s, but it is really good, and the more I play the better it gets

**Vostok Inc. (nb) If I liked clicker games, this might be rated better, but I’ve experienced better clicker games than this, unfortunately

*The Escapists 2 (nb) Prison sucks and I suck at this game

*The Jackbox Party Pack 4 (b) Eh

***Thimbleweed Park (nb) I should go back and finish this, it’s quite good

**The End is Nigh (nb) For all the polish, it just isn’t fun

*Qbik (nb) Might be shovel-ware

***Severed (b) Would be four *s if I didn’t have to touch the screen to play this great game

**Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (nb) Not as good as the other one

**Poly Bridge (nb) More like poopy bridge

*Piczle Lines DX (nb) Don’t like it

***Oxenfree (b) VA is amazing

****Mom Hid My Game! (b) If my mom were here to hide my game, this list would not exist

**Morphite (nb) Bad animation and choppy frames ruin this otherwise interesting game, but maybe it’s been updated to fix these issues, give it a shot

**KAMIKO (b) Good for speedruns, just okay as a game

*InnerSpace (nb) Avoid this game at all costs, the writing is verbose and ugly

****Gorogoa (b) Glad I played, video games are art

**Hiragana Pixel Party (nb) Can’t imagine this works well

***Golf Story (nb) Yeah it’s good, but I don’t like the art style, maybe I’m crazy

*FAST RMX (nb) Like everyone has said, the game is poopy

*Earth Atlantis (nb) Not only is game poopy, it looks poopy too

**Disgea 5 Complete (nb) Tedious

**Cat Quest (nb) Parody of Skyrim, entertaining if just okay

***Chess Ultra (b) Great music, there are some flaws here and there but if you like chess then it won’t matter

**Azure Striker GUNVOLT: STRIKER PACK (nb) Didn’t engage me at all, but it seems solid, I think I’m definitely missing the appeal

***ACA NEOGEO MAGICAL DROP II (nb) Though III is better, this one is still good

**ACA NEOGEO METAL SLUG (b) Pew

*PAYDAY 2 (nb) Ugh

**Mulaka (nb) Zelda-like that’s more interesting than fun to play

***Bleed (b) A good shooting game

**Slime-san (nb) Decent but it hurts my eyes

**PAC-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2 PLUS (nb) Not as fun as the original pac-man, that’s just my opinion though

**Radiation Island (nb) Makes me want to vomit, but if you can get past the art style and the bad controls there might be something here for you

SteamWorld Heist: Ultimate Edition (nb) No rating because I haven’t touched this

***Arcade Archives CRAZY CLIMBER (nb) So dumb but I love it

**Arcade Archives Traverse USA (nb) More frustrating than anything

***Arcade Archives Kid Niki Radical Ninja (nb) Name alone is great, game plays like Contra

***STRIKERS 1945 for Nintendo Switch (nb) I have a thing for SHMUPS even if I’m never good enough to beat them

**The Men of Yoshiwara: Kikuya (nb) Fun to riff on with friends, the writing is so bad it’s good, but this game sucks as a romance novel

****NAMCO MUSEUM (nb) Played this thing to death, but I wish there were more games, what is there is fantastic

**ACA NEOGEO SUPER SIDEKICKS (nb) Soccer

***Tiny Barbarian DX (nb) Underrated, like Castlevania but with cavemen

****Thumper (b) Yes yes yes yes yes

****SteamWorld Dig 2 (b) Almost perfect

*Gate of Doom (nb) Trash lol

***ACA NEOGEO 2020 SUPER BASEBALL (nb) Robots play super baseball

**Arcade Archives Double Dragon (nb) Beat-em-up

**Dandara (nb) I wish I liked this more

****Night in the Woods (b) Better than Oxenfree, if you had to pick one

***Battle Chef Brigade (nb) Combat doesn’t feel as fun as it should, but the game makes me hungry

****Sonic Mania (b) The best sonic game I have ever played, better than 2 and 3

***Blaster Master Zero (b) Still prefer the NES version

****ACA NEOGEO BLAZING STAR (b) Easily one of the best SHMUPS of all time

**Darkest Dungeon (nb) Triggered my anxiety

***ACA NEOGEO PULSTAR (b) Don’t like it quite as much as Blazing Star

***Crawl (b) My friends don’t like this game

**Death Squared (nb) Semi-annoying narrators, decent puzzler

**GoNNER (nb) Got tired of it quickly, obviously has polish though, try it out

**Ittle Dew 2 (nb) What Zelda would feel like if it were made by a team of six year olds who were exceptional at programming

*Kid Tripp (nb) Just bad

***Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (nb) Not as fun as it should be, but still charming

****Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap (nb) All remakes should include the graphic swap feature, because it improves the game dramatically

***VVVVVV (b) Platforming is alright, doesn’t feel that good to control but it makes up for it in the variety of levels and graphics

**Retro City Rampage DX (nb) Hate this game, but gotta give it props for having so much content

*Puzzle Box Maker (nb) Ugh

***Poi: Explorer Edition (b) Poor man’s Super Mario 64, still entertaining

****ACA NEOGEO NEO TURF MASTERS (nb) Now this is a badass golf game, take that, Golf Story

***Overcooked! Special Edition (nb) My girlfriend keeps asking me to play this

**Arcade Archives MARIO BROS. (nb) Poopy game, but if you feel like you gotta have it then you gotta have it

****Furi (b) Boss battles are mind-blowing

***Enter the Gungeon (nb) Another stinking rogue-like

****Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (b) All three games are great

***Axiom Verge (nb) Super Metroid but not as good, got bored quickly, looking for secrets is tedious

Edit: Formatting



Submitted May 25, 2018 at 03:33PM by lifeisnotaproblem https://ift.tt/2IL10Y7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...