Wednesday, October 30, 2019

T/W contamination| careless crafting leads to daily panic attacks

Hello! This is my first post here. Sorry if the structure of this is bad, I’m not a good writer.

So about two years ago I was living a relatively normal life, I had already been diagnosed with depression and anxiety, but I felt like I was moving forward. Things unfortunately started to go bad around the holidays, I started to get these horrible intrusive thoughts and feelings that wouldn’t go away, So I told my doctor and they advised me to slowly stop taking the trazodone I was on, as it had been known to cause intrusive thoughts for people with depression. fortunately it worked! I felt like I could think clearly for the first time in a while, But this is where things got even worse. I am a pretty big fan of crafting and art, so my bedroom was pretty much my art studio at the time. I was using paint, resin, and polymer clay every single day. I would wash UV resin (a type of resin that can’t be cured unless exposed to powerful UV nail lamps) coated brushes off in my bathroom sink, and I would carelessly sculpt clay on my kitchen counter. after stopping my medication I began to worry little by little about it. I was scared of the substances touching my skin so I put gloves on, but it kept getting worse. Here I am 2 years later, I haven’t been in my bedroom for about 1 year, and I refuse to touch any surface in my house that I have poured or mixed resin on. I have basically restricted myself to only about a third of my house. I still feel like my skin is contaminated, and I feel as if I have poisoned my entire towns water supply. My hands are starting to bleed because I wash them so much, and I also have a really hard time because I think clean items are contaminated. It sucks :/ Has anyone else had a similar experience or advice?



Submitted October 30, 2019 at 06:28PM by CometGotchi https://ift.tt/2ouMeM6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...