Thursday, October 24, 2019

Things I do instead of Drink/use

In early sobriety it was very important to stay busy so I took it as a challenge to find as many things as I could to add to this list, I have done each at least once and am always looking for more fun SOBER ideas! Always adding to it, I now look to it whenever my inner critic tries to tell me life is boring ☺

Things I Do

Cook

bake

Read

Listen to music

Hike

Walks

Sculpt

Draw

Paint

Go swimming

Volunteer

Meditate

Garden

Organize

Clean

Rock hunt

Exercise

Games on my phone

Read this and other sober forums

Read about addiction

Write in here

Go to the beach

Go to the dog park

Walk my dog

Train/play with my dog

Bike ride

Thrift store/garage sale browsing

Genealogy

Color in coloring book

Get a movie

Yoga

Pilates

Watch TV

Pick blackberries

Pull weeds

Long drive

Road trip

Build sand castles

Fly a kite

Play volleyball

Explore abandoned buildings

Write/read poetry

Paint nails

Paint old furniture/ restore

Puzzle

Play yatzee

Write

Go to a town festival/farmers market

BBQ by the river

Watch motivational videos

Weave bracelets and dog collars

Go to the museum

Get yogurt

Play a video game

Shoot pool

Play Monopoly

Bingo!

Sit on a mountain top

Jog

Journal

Go to a state fair/amusement park

Forget the past

Forgive (myself and others)

Do stuff- lots of stuff!

Talk to strangers

Act the way I want to feel

Sleep when tired

Eat when hungry

Enjoy the process

Do what ought to be done

Exercise more

Aim higher

Lighten up

Pursue a passion

Volunteer

Join groups

Stay in touch

hold myself accountable even when they don't

Go outside

Make nature mandalas

Smile

Never bother with people who may bring me or my energy down

Don't expect any emotion to last forever- good or bad

Notice colors

Notice tastes

Notice sounds

Am mindful

Accept that I make mistakes

Be silly- life is fun!

Be the person my dogs think I am

Sh*t happens- and I know it will

Friends are important

I am my own best friend

Do good- feel good

By doing a little each day- I get tons done

Choose not to take things personally

Be loving instead of worrying about getting love

Imagine my eulogy; how do I want to be remembered

Expect miracles

Let it go

Be still- enjoy solitude

Give often- Anonymously with no expectations

Help is everywhere- look for it when I need it

Keep things simple

Surround myself with powerful people- living a light filled life

Feel the danger if it is there (used to lie to self- "drinking and driving isn't dangerous- for me")

People are doing their best- have compassion

Own less

Thrive more

Try new recipes

People watch

Lunch at a coffee shop in the city

Walk along the waterfront

Ride a ferris wheel

Window shop

Paint ceramics

Haunted Forrest and festival

Played the slot machines and had lunch with my sister. Winning didn't hurt!

Swap meet

Make items to sell then donate the proceeds (one of the funnest things I get to do with my art)

Walking meditation

Walk thru Chinatown- best BBQ pork!

Dinner theater (sooooooo much fun!)

Frisbee golf

Exploring unknown roads

Photograph nature

Wood carving

Explore old cemeteries (when a headstone was art)

Bird watching

Hacky sack

Explore antique shops

Embroidery

Uno

Scrabble

Legos

Kickboxing

Art class

Think positive, allow negative thoughts thru not to stay Problems only bother me as much as I allow them to

Go sledding



Submitted October 25, 2019 at 05:27AM by Echo-Rae https://ift.tt/2WcJkbf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...