Wednesday, October 30, 2019

The Music in RWBY

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Monstercat in anyway other than being in their discord server and Twitch streams, and I am not affiliated with Mazare in any way other than being a fan of his music. I am only promoting the music, the artist, and the label as part of a discussion question with regards to music and my personal views about the songs and the series. I am just a fan with a very interesting way of thinking.

The music crew for the series has created bangers for every volume and I assume they have again for this one. Jeff Williams, Casey Lee Williams and the rest of the team are all extremely talented and hit the nail on the head with matching the songs with the theme of each volume.

For volume 7, I think that the theme is going to be similar to that of volumes 4 and 6. I especially loved those songs and that they matched the atmosphere in each volume. However, I have found a song that could fit with the show very well. This song is titled 'Battlecry' by Mazare and Philip Strand. It's a drum-and-bass song that was released on Monstercat, and, in my opinion, I feel that it fits perfectly with the theme of not just volume 7, but the entire show as a whole. Not only do the lyrics fit in, it maintains the consistency of the fast-paced songs from each volume, the feeling of an epic story unfolding along with the fantasy and pseudoscience present in the show. In fact, I feel that all of Mazare's other release on Monstercat could have been used as an intro theme for any of the seasons; I'm not saying that the songs used were bad, I mean that the current songs and Mazare's releases could be used interchangeably.

Another point I'd like to add, is that even if you aren't a fan of the music itself, the cover art for the songs Mazare released on Monstercat resembles RWBY in a weird way; the art for Mazare's second release, 'Nothing More' ft. Luma, is of a guy in a black cloak with red decals hugging a women in a glowing white cloak standing in a field of roses...does that remind us of anyone in particular??? If a person from the community was to see any of those pieces out of this context potentially could see them as fan art. And the lyrics for each song is also very fitting for the show.

I have a feeling that either Mazare and/or the cover artist is a big RWBY fan who's creating a fan fiction through the music and cover arts. It's a wild theory, I know, but the evidence is there to suggest it.

Anyways, my question to the community is this: what songs from your playlists reminds you of the show or reflects the theme the show as a whole? Or is there a song that you feel could replace a song that's currently in the show and still have the same effect? Let me know and let's all see if we can make similar connections on the songs you guys list out.



Submitted October 31, 2019 at 05:28AM by LightningBacca26 https://ift.tt/2JAO05L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...