Saturday, September 28, 2019

[MC] Possible to remake Minish Cap in 3d looking exactly like the 2d art?

Minish Cap concept art

I know there have been great advances in 3d graphics and filters over the years (Guilty Gear X nails the look of 2d anime in my opinion). Some of the early attempts at toon shading look pretty rough in retrospect.

What I'm wondering is if currently it would be possible to recreate Minish Cap in 3d, but have it look exactly like the official art. I don't mean a simple toon shader with solid outlines or something similar. I mean to where it's indistinguishable from the concept art style (until it's animated and you can tell it's 3d models only because of camera movement or perfect animation). I'd still want the same overhead camera view of course.

There are just some games where no matter how hard they try (and how good they look in their own way) they just aren't able to quite reproduce the feel of the 2d artwork.



Submitted September 29, 2019 at 05:31AM by natimusdee https://ift.tt/2nDI4R7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...