Sunday, September 29, 2019

How to tell a friend I don’t want to be friends anymore?

Okay so maybe this is on the wrong subreddit and isn’t a big deal but I (17F) have this friend (16F) that i’ve known for over three years now. We met in High School my sophomore (her freshman) year through a class we shared and initially bonded over being from the same country.

We have absolutely nothing in common and don’t really click. The first two years were fine though, we both have a difficult time to make new friends so we kinda just stuck together during lunch and only really talked at school. We both had a good time besides not really being that compatible.

There are a couple of things she does that makes me want to stop hanging out with her though. She talks down on people. More than once she has made fun of things I was happy with (she has made fun of my art, my music taste, and on a smaller scale my nail polish which drove me to get self conscious and take it off). There was this guy that used to hit on me and whisper thing in my ear almost every day, I was deeply uncomfortable with it and she honestly couldn’t care less. More than once she’d laughed about it.

I also like girls and there was one incident that I remember some dude was screaming about how much he “hated dykes” and she was laughing really hard about it while I wanted to cry (I am yet to come out to her).

I didn’t cut her out before because I was fairly certain I was her only friend. However this year she made a new friend, and I AM truly happy for her! I’ve made some friends in a couple of classes too, though I don’t really talk to them outside of those classes. The problem is her friend has been aded to our routine of getting lunch together and all, and I can’t seem to be able to get away from it.

I am EVEN LESS compatible with this new girl than I was with her, which is surprising. And I’ve really tried to be fine with it, but it’s been over two months now and I just truly can’t do it. It’s gotten to a point in which I dread and hate the lunch period at school, which isn’t something you see many high schoolers saying.

I wanted to solve this somewhat smoothly, she’d keep hanging out with this new friend of hers, and I would try and sit with some of my other friends. No one gets hurt. Except I can’t figure out how to go about this. I guess I just need advice.

TL;DR - I have a friend I’m not compatible with, I wanted to cut ties with her in a way it doesn’t hurt anyone. Don’t know how to go about it.



Submitted September 29, 2019 at 09:21PM by lsbngirl https://ift.tt/2ogVAun

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...