Friday, September 27, 2019

Activity suggestions?

I have pretty intense social anxiety, so aside from work, I don't really talk to people and I prefer to stay inside my apartment. I am working on this with my therapist. However, a lot of the things I do to pass the time in the evening are actively self destructive - buying things online, binge eating, beating myself up for all of my mistakes, in the past I filled this void by acting out sexually.

Basically, I want to make a list of things I can do to pass the time that isn't actively self destructive.

Some ideas I already had were painting my nails, tidying while listening to a podcast, maybe a puzzle? Has anyone here done art therapy? Is this something that can be done at home? Do you know of any satisfying crafts to do that don't cost a ton of money and aren't terribly difficult?

This seems so silly and basic, but I feel like I'm constantly fighting the urge to binge and I think keeping myself busy would help. Any recommendations or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!



Submitted September 27, 2019 at 06:09PM by grossg1rl https://ift.tt/2ml6JtD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...