Friday, June 28, 2019

Where to start listening to Bowie?

I’ve always been an approximate Bowie fan. I grew up watching The Labrynth, my all time favorite artist is Nine Inch Nails (so I’ve gotten to enjoy a lot of the Bowie influence in Trent Reznor’s music and style), I loved him in The Prestige as well as his brief appearance in Twin Peaks, and I spent my childhood listening to his hits my Dad burned on to a CD-R from Limewire.

Despite all this and the fact that I was very saddened when Bowie passed a few years back, I have sadly never taken the time to sit down and listen to his full releases. I’ve always gotten overwhelmed by the size of his catalogue and just revert back to the same 20 or so songs I’ve always listened to. As a person that loves listening to an album cover to cover (this is typically the only way I really listen to music) can someone tell me what are the definitive Bowie albums I should be listening to so I can truly experience this great mans art? Preferably the best for cover to cover listening, but I am open to anything. Thank you!



Submitted June 29, 2019 at 01:07AM by erik_the_dwarf https://ift.tt/2XB7RtU

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...