Sunday, June 9, 2019

Newbie to call centers, are they all like this?

I needed a job fast, and this one hired me a week after I applied... I do tech support for a company. but, it's like being in jail. I mean I can understand, we have access to customer's addresses and SSN.

-No phones

-No food other than bags of chips

-No paper or writing utensils

-No smart watches or fitbits

-No arts and crafts(we used to bring crochet/knitting, but they took it away)

-No solitaire on the pc

We sit at the desk and wait for phone calls. I have terrible anxiety and have started pulling my hair and biting my nails off. I get so bored. I want a new job, I feel really trapped in this one. But I don't know what kind of skills I have learned here that I could take elsewhere. are all call centers like this??

What do you do to pass the time if you have to just sit there? Sometimes calls get slow. generally we have about a minute between calls. but late at night, it can be 5-15 minutes between calls. and we just sit..



Submitted June 10, 2019 at 07:12AM by Desirai http://bit.ly/2XCOxJl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...