Sunday, June 2, 2019

New computer and looking for advices

Hello everyone!

I've recently transitioned from PS4 to PC. Along with the new pc I bought one of my favourite games ever: Rainbow Six Siege; I've been playing R6 more or less consistently since release and I have tried to nail down the reasons why I like it to understand what to look for in my next game.

R6 aspects I like:

  • Routine: I don't mind repetitive games, I don't mind the grind itself as long as the activity is fun and well structured; for example switching between R6 on PS4 and PC I'm gonna have to regrind to buy all the operators but I don't mind it too much because the core of the game is fun for me.
  • Same same but different: Every match in R6 is different but still the same... this might be difficult to understand but I like the element of variety that every match brings and at the same time the comfort of maps, operators and guns that I know.
  • Inventory: Inventory management in R6 is not a game by itself; I can play with a gun, customising it with the attachments that I think work better with it and then forget about it until ubi patches something or a new kind of attachment is released.
  • "Free" upgrades: I like the "free" nature of R6's updates in terms of having things I can just play and get as opposed to having to buy dlc otherwise I get left behind (cough... D2... cough).
  • Pretty graphics: I won't lie pretending I can see past pixel art if the gameplay is good... I like pretty things, I like pretty graphics, it doesn't have to be realistic like R6 but something that has personality: one of my favourite games of all time is Jet Set Radio.
  • Teamwork: I like to play with other people towards a goal. I love multiplayer PVE way more than PVP.

If you're reading this far you're already a legend!! Just a couple more points:

  • I adored The Division, its movement system, its combat system... that game was great but I stopped playing because I had the feeling that if you didn't commit your entire life to it the experience would just got repetitive and progress was just not existent. I really loved the "rpg" nature of the game but inventory and poor "free" progression were a huge let down for me.
  • I loved Destiny. Really great FPS but I stopped playing when Forsaken was released since I felt that progress was locked behind content and I couldn't do anything with the base game.
  • I'm more than happy to play with other people; I would actually say that playing with other people is what makes the game better and always new.
  • I didn't like The Witcher and Dark Souls. The combat system in The Witcher was not great in my opinion and all I was doing was basically rolling and slashing. Dark Souls games are too hard for me and, whilst I want to sink hours in a video game, I don't find enjoyment in dying from one hit.

So far what I'm thinking of buying:

  • The Division 2. How much has it changed from The Division 1?
  • Void Bastards
  • Mordhau
  • Risk Of Rain 2

I think a big big thank you fo reading this far is more than deserved and thanks in advance for every suggestion



Submitted June 03, 2019 at 05:05AM by NerdSkullz http://bit.ly/2JUjg1a

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...