Saturday, June 22, 2019

My girlfriend and my anniversary is coming up and I'm at a complete loss of what to get her. I need some help brainstorming or suggestions.

I'm sorry if the layout is weird, I'm on mobile and don't post often. I hope this follows all the rules, I tried my best.

Okay, so, my girlfriend (19f) and I (19f) have been dating for 3 years this Tuesday.

I find she's quite hard to shop for because while she finds trinkets and knick-knacks cute she doesn't really like owning them - the only kind of thing she has is collectors figurines and statues from video games and anime. She doesn't wear jewellery and isn't into the stereotypical girly things - no dresses, makeup, nail art or heels.

She's very practical and likes things with a purpose, like woodworking tools, sewing things, cosplay things, etc.

For our 1 year anniversary I got us a set of rings, but mine broke after about a year. She doesn't wear hers often because of work (food industry) and her hobbies (namely woodworking/art/spraypainting). So when she asked what I wanted for our anniversary I simply asked for a replacement ring because the one I have couldn't be fixed (the price range she's shopping in - I assume - is around $20-$50, which was the price range of the original rings - mine was the lower end and hers the higher).

However, when I've asked her what she wanted the past month or two she has no idea because she says she doesn't want or need anything. Any idea I've had is either not that great or she's not that into it.

Unfortunately I don't have a job and my mum said she's happy to buy the present for me so that gives me a spending range of about $20-$60 because I don't want to ask for anymore, but my girlfriend knows and accepts this as she's very understanding. But because of this I can't afford anything to go towards her hobbies or interests or collectors items because that's more expensive and I don't have the money.

I've offered to give her money to go towards her interests but she kinda shrugged and seemed disinterested and either way I'd feel shitty because it's not a personal and loving gift like she deserves.

This is why I am here. I need help brainstorming ideas on what to get her or what to do for her that will show her I care. I've talked to her about it but she's at a loss and I don't want to keep pushing her. I'll put some more information below, but if you can think of anything please let me know.

Thank you!

  • Favourite colour is purple
  • Favourite animal is penguin (I've considered taking her to the zoo or aquarium to see the penguins maybe?)
  • She has more stereotypical masculine interests - woodworking, carving, spraypainting. The kind of thing that you'd go to Bunnings for.
  • We live in Australia
  • She just came back from a holiday in Japan
  • She likes anime (think Kill la Kill, Persona 5)
  • She likes video games
  • She likes art-books with concept art from videogames and anime

That's all I can think of at the moment as it's quite late and I'm at a complete loss but feel free to ask for more information.

And if you see this babe, hey, I love you, I'm sorry... ♡



Submitted June 22, 2019 at 06:27PM by kiffob http://bit.ly/2WZY5Sh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...