Thursday, June 27, 2019

Lady not happy with her cake, does anything to get 50% discount

So I work at one of the retail locations for a bakery that’s pretty well known in the city. We basically take orders, run a cafe, sell cakes and treats from display and hold consultations as well. Although most of us aren’t trained in the culinary arts, we are trained to fix simple mistakes on cakes (smoothing the buttercream and fixing inscriptions) and writing on cakes. As you can expect, it gets pretty busy during holidays. Easter wasn’t any different as it was on the same weekend as Passover. Our bakery lost half of our weekend order and thankfully most of it was for the Sunday so we weren’t too worried. All hands were on deck and the store was filled with customers who were generally content with their orders.

Cue to CB.

Now, a little back story, CB has had a history at our store for being a total bitch. She will order a cake, ask for a slight change to it to be done at the store, and then complain that the people who handled the cake (again, not professionally trained) ruined her cake and always demands discounts. This time was no different.

She had ordered a cake that had a bit of buttercream that had “kissed” the box. No big deal, it happens and very easy to fix with a spreader and some hot water. I apologize when she points it out and offer to fix it for her. She doesn’t want that. I offer to give her the same cake we received in the morning delivery only to be told that “all our cakes are stale!” I tell her that I am only authorized to give 10% off on “damaged” cakes and she blows up and demands to speak to my manager. My manager, who is professionally trained in the culinary arts and has been in the field for decades, comes and assists her.

He offers her the same things I offered only to be met with “this is a birthday cake for my son’s friend! You’re making me look bad with this cake! I demand a discount!” He offers the same amount and won’t go any higher as the mistake could be easily fixed and the cake could be resold. She then looks at the cake and says “is that a hair in there?!” My manager tells her to wait as he pulls a knife out of the drawer but he looks up to see her dip her pinky nail into the buttercream and scoop some off.

“I guess you can’t sell it now. Give me my discount!” She sees the disgusted look on my manager’s face and instantly says she’s friends with the owner of the company and would be making a complaint. She leaves in a huff and people in the store are like “wtf”. We call the owner to let them know that their “friend” would be making a complaint about us and we go about our day. Luckily for us, the owner is really supportive and told us they will back us up. I end up seeing her a few times and now I simply refuse to help her with orders.



Submitted June 27, 2019 at 01:04PM by deepdarkblue96 https://ift.tt/2ZTY67A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...