Wednesday, June 26, 2019

I'm kinda tired of my place always looking like some barren hellhole

I mean, I don't mind things being a bit messy, but for some reason my place - various apartments I've lived in - always feels so uninviting and stark. I get used to it and don't always consciously notice, but sometimes I see how other people live and just.. wish my place could be that cozy.

It's not just the mess. Yeah there's shit lying around everywhere. Sometimes I pick it up and it looks kinda ok again for a while. However I also feel like I just don't.. own anything? I don't have a TV because I can't focus on TV when I'm on my own. Anything I want to watch I do so on my PC, where I can click pause and switch tabs or do different stuff in between. I don't have a couch because I would never just idly sit down and read or whatever. I can only do that in bed when I have my earplugs in because otherwise I'll get super restless.

I don't even have pictures on the walls or plants. Every time I get a plant I mess it up. I legit forgot I had a cactus in my old place for over a year. It was kinda petrified when I rediscovered it. Anything that needs regular watering, forget it. I got an art print as a gift a few months ago and only just now managed to order a frame for it, and now it's lying around on my table until the day I finally manage to put a nail in the wall for it.

I know this is just a bit of whining, but yeah. I always feel like I want my place to look nicer but don't have the mental energy to regularly take care of it.



Submitted June 27, 2019 at 01:18AM by MorthaP https://ift.tt/2XbVHIr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...