Saturday, June 29, 2019

I think I finally have a reasoning for the way I act. ADHD at 24(not diagnosed)

Like the title says, I think I have ADHD 24 (F). I will be going to a professional, but I have done multiple online tests and all them clearly state I have ADHD.

Feel free to comment with things that you do, as if I’m the same I’ll add it to my list! :) (Man this is probably going to get edited about 1000000 times but whatever I’ll try.)

-I have depression and anxiety, and I used to get irritated very very easily but these anxiety meds seem to help that a little.

-Was a massive daydreamer growing up, but was made to believe it was just a personality quirk. No matter how hard I tried to focus, if I tried at all, I didn’t absorb any information (unless it was the useless random facts literally no one needed to know about, for example I would sit and read about what happens when placing certain objects in lava, for literal hours.)

-When I’m trying my hardest to focus on something, this weird this happens. The best way to explain it is to hold your phone in front of your face, and slowly lengthen your arm away, making it move further and further Away. This happens but with everything around me, and mainly the person I am trying to listen to. Doctor was speaking to me on my last visit, and it looked as if they were 10 metres away, but they were 1 metre.

-I always thought the way I was thinking was normal, and was told it was normal “oh I forget things too”. Uhm I’m sorry do you forget a whole conversation you just had a few minutes ago, and the harder you try to remember, the more impossible it is? Then you randomly remember it 3 hours later and bring it up in a conversation, BECAUSE YOU JUST HAD TO INTERRUPT A CONVO AND SPOUT RANDOM NONSENSE ABOUT 3 DAYS AGO, while people are looking at you like “what”. 😂

-I used to love art in school, and felt forced to do it because I was good at it, even though I enjoyed it, it just felt so repetitive and boring, but I would still do it. One day I wake up and literally hate the stuff and decide “oh let’s throw away my uni chance, and do nothing”. (I have done similar things like this about 4 times in my life so far.)

-I’m always fidgeting or picking at my arms, or my nails. When people tell me to stop it, I just automatically keep doing it, as it relieves stress.

-I literally cannot multitask at all(I used to say I could, but what I was really doing it taking on multiple things at once, and doing barely one of them successfully. Ooooops.)

-In school during exams, I would wonder how everyone found certain things so simple. Also later in life too, I was studying animation, and learning the basics of it, I had to ask the teacher multiple times, then secretly I just felt like an idiot even though I didn’t understand it fully after all those explanations. (It’s most likely because it was a very repetitive and boring task, and my brain wanted to wander)

-Any form of stress and I have a meltdown and start panicking like crazy, which doesn’t help as my family don’t understand me to begin with. They never really understood my depression, but when it got around to exam season I just pretty much cried myself to sleep with stress.

-I am very sensitive to loud noises or body sounds, if I hear your lips making sounds while I’m in that mood, I’m gonna be dying inside of my brain.

-Parents are always telling me to tidy, or clean, or phone the doctors for things, OR ANYTHING IN GENERAL. Because I don’t do it, they think I’m lazy and don’t even try at all. Yes my room is a mess because I don’t know where to start. People on the phone are scary and they are probably going to judge me(brain thoughts, not true, but what do I say to them???) I sleep in late and stay up late because it’s quiet and I can relax and not be irritated by the daily life of others.

-I am a really big gamer and I am good with PC’s. They think that causes my diagnosed depression, but what they don’t understand is that’s the only thing I can truly focus on, and have fun and enjoy and actually feel like I’m good at it/

I AM GOING TO EDIT MORE IN BUT I JUST GOT DISTRACTED WITH SOMETHING ELSE LOL



Submitted June 30, 2019 at 04:31AM by Quackulaa https://ift.tt/2FGlUUI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...