Sunday, June 30, 2019

I am going to sound insane, but I have a theory about Anima...

I have a theory:

I invite you to think of Anima's lyrics from the perspective of God looking at the earth and his creation in 2019. Let's take a look at each song.

  1. Traffic

    God talking to people submitting and submerged in sin, saying "it's not good, it's not right", offering "a mirror, a sponge" to clean themselves of sin. He says next in frustration "but you're free", as he as God did give people free will to choose to sin.

Partying happens, "suck it through a straw" with sin, but then "and you have to make amends, to make amends to me". "A brick wall, a brick wall, but you're free" as a frustrated God bricked off from people's souls. The song ends with once again saying "and you have to make amends, to make amends to me" as he laughs it off.

  1. Last I Heard (...He Was Circling the Drain)

    "I woke up with a feeling that I just could not take" repeated over and over like God waking up to realize his creation is not up to good things currently in 2019. "Taken out with the trash" sure sounds like something the world did with Jesus. "It only takes a minute" probably refers to something, but not sure if prayer or it takes just a minute to be good to each other and we're not.

  2. Twist

    "To you who brought me back to life" Sounds like Jesus to me. "To twisted thorns that grow inside" Sounds like a crown of thorns reference. "With just enough love to go 'round, for you who's turning me back on" There's just enough love to go around for the people who turn him back on... perhaps the people that keep God from wiping us all out?

"A boy on a bike who is running away" "An empty car in the woods, the motor left running" has to have some kind of significance, just not sure what it is.

"Look, this face, it isn't me" "Look, this face, it isn't me" Hmm.

  1. Dawn Chorus

    "Come on, do your worst, you quit your job again, and your train of thought" "If you must, you must, when you've had enough, of the white light, of the dawn chorus" This is where most will probably call me insane. What if the dawn chorus is the end of the world in nuclear war? "White light, of the dawn chorus" "You take a little piece, then you break it off" (nuclear bombs are fission powered... literally taking little pieces and breaking them). "If you could do it all again, yeah without a second thought" could be that people are still willing to be what God feels he has to destroy. God "don't like leaving, the door shut, I think I missed something, but I'm not sure what, in the middle of the vortex, the wind picked up, shook all the soot from the chimney pot into spiral patterns, of you, my love" God regretting what he has to do and wondering if he missed something worth not destroying the universe and the soot of our remains blowing in the air, spiral patterns of our ashes. "Big deal, so what? Please let me know when you've had enough, it's the last chance O.K. Corral, if you could do it all again this time with style." God giving his final warning but people still want to do what they're doing with one last time saying "If you could do it all again, this time with style" (Referring to humankind choosing to be something good instead)

  2. I Am a Very Rude Person

    "Won't bother me, you don't mean a thing, but it won't bother me" God's attitude as he has accepted that he has to destroy everything with some reservations. The way he repeats "won't bother me, you don't mean a thing, but it won't bother me" notably has the word "BUT it won't bother me" which shouldn't have the word "but" if he's 100% confident and sure in destroying the universe. "Find a way in the dark" "I have to take a knife to your art" but "I have to find some way to escape, I have to walk but I wanna stay". "I have to destroy to create" "I have to be rude to your face, I'm breaking up your turntables, now I'm gonna watch your party die" Fits with the wipe the earth away theme.

  3. Not the News

    "Who are these people" "Cue sliding violins in sympathy" Almost sarcastically stated as roll eyes sympathetic violins to care about people who don't follow him and just live in sin. "I'm not running, enough of broken glass, enough so I can eat, my dancing feet" God is done not doing anything, tired of things being broken and hurtful.

  4. The Axe

    This song is the first song to give me this idea of god and his creation. After all, technology is our creation and we are its god, so interpret how you will. "Why don't you speak to me? One day I am gonna take an axe to you" Maybe God has delayed the dawn chorus? He's still having a conversation, and says "one day", so that's not today. Whew. "Where's that love you promised me? I'm pierced by long nails" Long nails = crucifixion? "I thought we had a deal" God's frustration with Adam's betrayal in the Garden of Eden. The deal was anything but eating of the forbidden fruit. There is also prominent usage of the word "Goddamned" almost as a hint and a self knowing joke if the god interpretation is what inspired all this.

  5. Impossible Knots

    Unsure about this one, but he'll "take anything you got" and he'll "be ready". Emphatically so. Maybe he's "heading in the wrong direction, I can't make the big connection" and "tied up in impossible knots", perhaps because he's begging for a reason to not destroy the universe, and he's really ready for that to happen.

  6. Runwayaway

    "This is when you know who your real friends are" God finally putting an end to everything, and in the apocalypse when the world is ending and nothing is secure, you'll find out who your REAL friends are. It also seems to enjoy layering "That's when you know" and "That's when you don't" on top of each other, almost playfully showing that you might know but you also don't at the same time.

Also, as a tip, the album seems to fit and flow perfectly if it's placed between the two untitled tracks on the Anima preview vinyl.

As for the film... hopefully the interpretation from the God theory isn't that God dreamt of there being people worth it that are different, but then he woke up and he knows that isn't currently true. The "dawn chorus" being what wakes him up... with a glow of light.



Submitted June 30, 2019 at 09:46PM by RuDreading https://ift.tt/2XimuD0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...