Saturday, June 22, 2019

AITA for telling my mom that her plan to become a nail artist was stupid

So for background context, my mum is the type of person who is reeeeaaaallllly hardworking, she gets shit done and every employer absolutely “loves” her (even though they treat her like trash and pay her below minimum.) Because of this she’s always really tired, so I’d get why she’d want to start looking for something better. Here’s the problem tho, mum has this tendency to do things without thinking them through. Become a life Insurance salesperson because a friend mentioned it, move to Florida because she was bored and her friends from over there were egging her on, telling her “Oh YeS!!! EvERYthInG isSS SO muCH beTteR in Florida.” (Yeah we learned the hard way it wasn’t, and said friends no longer speak to her). And now recently she’s been getting this itch of starting a business which somehow led to the idea of taking nail art classes and getting a license. Of course I’m like hold up where is this even coming from? According to her, her friends from work told her that the nail business has been booming and that she should consider it. So I lost it. All the frustration of the move (she lost 2000 in Christmas bonus because her friend said she had to come before October “because the job she had for her wouldn’t last forever”), her refusal to listen to me on various other occasions which resulted in it blowing up in her face just made me downright tell her that the way she was approaching was idiotic and that life didn’t work that easily, she even admitted that she doesn’t even know the starting salary of a nail artist in a salon, and she’s already planning to dish out 1000 dollars and two months time on a stupid urge. It ended up with her telling me that I always criticize her actions and that my negative attitude would bring me down, her eyes even got misty so I can tell I hurt her feelings really badly. I did tell talk to her in a harsh manner (which I really hate about myself). I just really want her to think things through before taking action. So, am I the asshole, or should I take my stand against her plan?



Submitted June 22, 2019 at 09:24PM by Starlet2424 http://bit.ly/2ZFQ8i2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...