Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Suggestions for someone who can't afford insurance?

19, almost 20 F, overweight but not grossly obese, living in Florida

I'm just gonna list my issues and see what you guys think I should do, I feel kinda helpless.

My periods have been slightly irregular since the summer, after I lost my virginity, it actually caused a pregnancy scare. Even before summer, it's always been really painful on the first day or two of it, sometimes debhilitatingly so. It switches between middle/beginning/end of month occasionally and I have skipped my period twice since the summer, I get a couple dark hairs on my chin and have pretty bad and rapidly growing body hair on my legs, armpit, and lower stomach, so I suspect my hormomes are a little off and that might be the cause.

I have anxiety, and it causes me to have a really bad nail-biting/picking problem, as well as the obsessive thoughts whenever I run into an issue and the constantly worrying about every tiny action I do and everything around me, it gets in the way of a lot and it's exhausting.

I also noticed my middle front row bottom tooth has been wiggly for a while, not sure how long but it was barely noticable before and seems to have gotten worse. I have had a root canal in the past on a molar. The place I got my root canal did rightfully diagnose it as it was agonizingly painful before and is fine ever since, but they also told me I had 11 other cavities, and wer later charged with dental malpractice, diagnosing cavities that weren't there for extra money. It was my first time ever going to a dentist and we never went back to another dentist to see how many cavities I ACTUALLY had.

I get migranes sometimes from light sensitivity/the anxiety, and I get allergic reactions from any type of small particle like dust, pollen, art supply dust, animal dandruff/fur, etc. being near my face, and I get SEVERE allergies from dog spit.

I was supposed to get anxiety counselling and my possible other teeth problem(s) fixed in high school, but my family is in between qualifying tiers for insurance, right on the cusp of higher and lower middle-class, so my insurance was changed so constantly that by the time I got an appointment for anything/got to the front of a waiting list, we would get a letter saying that I no longer qualify for whatever insurance we would currently be on, and we'd have to find a new one we do qualify for and can afford and change it only to find that the places I was supposed to go to don't accept the new insurance. Also for the counselling, all of the places in my general area have terrible reviews and REDICULOUS waiting lists, and follow the drugs over counselling methods, when I want to try counselling before I even think about any medications, my town is known for having a prescription drug addiction crisis and I want to avoid that at all costs.

Now I'm an adult and I have no idea how to take care of this stuff for myself, I can't afford health insurance, much less out-of-pocket, going into debt terrifies me, my mom has 4 other kids to worry about and can't afford to pay insurance for me, but I know I need help or at least to get checked out and know what exactly is wrong with me. Sorry this is long.

TL;DR: I have irregular periods, bad anxiety, possible teeth problems, allergies, and migranes from the anxiety and light sensitivity. I can't afford health insurance nor can my family, and I don't know what to do to take care of these problems myself, what are my options?



Submitted April 25, 2019 at 05:52AM by wowoalt http://bit.ly/2PsebNG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...