Monday, April 1, 2019

[META] Describe the defening phase of your life.

It started around 2010 for me when I was 13. I was into typical mainstream rock of the time. Linkin Park, Green Day, Fall Out Boy, etc. Oh and Eminem. Nothing too defenerish yet.

That all changed when I was going on Youtube around 2011-ish and discovered Rage Against the Machine. Now, I still enjoy their music, but that was when the defener bug got to me. From Rage Against the Machine, I discovered Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Nine Inch Nails, etc. You get the idea. Soon I became a full-blown defener. I was that kid that made "DAE Bieber a fag/girl?" jokes. I even ended up turning on Linkin Park, Green Day and Fall Out Boy (still liked Eminem though) for not being "le real rock".

Youtube still ended up fueling my defening even more. It wasn't long before I discovered underground grindcore/noise/black metal/etc. bands and began to bitch about "le faggot metal" such as Asking Alexandria (even though I was listening to that band not too long prior to these discoveries). The funniest thing is that I discovered Swans around 2013. Yep. I defened Swans, of all bands. I listened to the Cop album all the time in art class during high school. This was before they became a /mu/ meme band.

How did I leave my defening phase behind? Simple. I grew up. So, what was your defening period like?



Submitted April 02, 2019 at 07:04AM by Arblos https://ift.tt/2YGQNQO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...