Monday, March 25, 2019

Today’s a great day to be a vampire-slaying bug!

I’ve been struggling with NKG for a few days now. I just kept getting hit at stupid times. Recently, using the Minion build (Weaversong, Glowing Womb, Grubsong, Sprintmaster) in conjunction with Quick Focus has granted me better results. However, I’ve never managed to get to his second stagger, so I was stuck at about 60% of his HP. Suffice to say, I wasn’t so hopeful.

But I booted up the game today and did it on my first try! I went through the first half of the fight with no damage taken. I don’t know what kind of divine spirit possessed me there, but I did it. Using Dash Slash against the Fire Bats and dashing away (instead of toward) his uppercut really helped me avoid damage, and I was blessed by two very close flame pillar phases when I only had one mask of health, which allowed me to heal and tank one more hit before killing him.

It feels so good to be able to see myself improve every time I die until I can flawlessly dodge most of the fight (90% of my damage came from accidentally hitting the joystick and then losing my momentum for a few seconds). What a great boss. Amazing work, Team Cherry!

To those that struggled like me, here’s a few tips:

  1. Use the Minion build to be able to have constant soul and focus on dodging.
  2. You’ll never get more than one or two hits in, so always charge your Nail Arts!
  3. When he uses Fire Bats, hop lightly, and AFTER the apex of your jump, use Dash Slash. Hit him again after it.
  4. When he uses Uppercut, dash away from him, and position yourself barely in front of where he ends the uppercut.
  5. When he uses Downward Thrust, jump once, then double jump. Don’t try to hit him.
  6. With Fire Pillars, do one of two things: either slash up as you go below him and hit him with Great Slash at the end, or focus on dodging and quickly heal at the end.
  7. With Pufferfish, you can sometimes double jump to avoid two high waves, but it’s risky. Don’t put your back against the wall! You need space.

That’s all I wanted to say. Just happy I finally did it, and I hope anyone who’s struggling can succeed with these tips.

God, I love this game.



Submitted March 25, 2019 at 07:28PM by Euroliis https://ift.tt/2FziFPm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...