Sunday, March 31, 2019

[QUESTION] Building my own pedal for doomy goodness

So in recent times I've gotten way more into the whole doom/stoner/sludge thing with my guitar. I then heard that it's not actually even that difficult to build your own fuzzy-like pedal, and figured that it would be a fun project as well. A friend of mine even has soldering equipment, so I got that whole thing covered, and I'm not half bad at soldering either.

Problem is, I am completely new to this sort of thing. I'm actually fairly new to fuzz pedals themselves.

I of course understand that with my limited knowledge and probably limited components, I won't be able to whip together something as good as the Fortin Fuzz or the Black Arts Pharaoh, but hopefully I'll be able to slap together something that can kind of make a noise roughly like that. I'm not a huge fan of the super harsh, nails-on-chalkboard type fuzz I've heard in some places.

So, the question for those of you more experienced in making pedals is: where to start? What to look for in components? Is there a good source for information on this?

Thank you



Submitted March 31, 2019 at 07:19PM by goatamon https://ift.tt/2uC4Jh2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...