Thursday, January 31, 2019

Need more music like the OST in this game... and more importantly I need more games like this

I swear the more I think about this game the more I fall in love with it. I’ve played Souls 1 and 3 many many times and I waited on bloodborne until just about the beginning of this year. I finally sat down and played it and got the platinum, my 11th, and all the other DLC trophies and it’s resonated with me more than any other fromsoft game ever has. The art direction, the combat and the aesthetic, the everything is just so damn perfect I really truly regret passing this game up for so long, I don’t know how I did because Victorian gothic is my favorite kind of look and this game nails it perfectly. But the number one highlight of this game is the music, Gehrman and Ludwig’s themes to be exact, I’ve never had a piece of music in a game resonate with me like those two did, Gehrman’s beautiful theme with the strings and the fantastic operatic singing at the end gives me chills every single time I listen to the song, and the orchestral feel to it sets such a great tone for the best final boss I’ve ever fought in a game. I never thought I could call a final boss beautiful. Epic, yes, the Soul of Cinder is epic. But Gehrman is just beautiful and I was almost brought to tears when I had to kill him, despite the fact that all he wanted was to free his fellow hunter of the nightmare. And the bombastic brass of the second half of Ludwig’s themes gets me pumped, I’ve never been more pumped by a theme since I fought Darkeater Midir way back when the ringed city first released.

Bloodborne managed to give me goosebumps multiple times, I can recount being on the edge of my seat fighting Gascoigne, the Watchdog, Gehrman, Ludwig, Laurence, the Orphan, so many fantastic bosses packed into such a great game. Goosebumps is something Dark Souls 3 has only been able to achieve with me when I fought Soul of Cinder, Gael and Darkeater Midir for the first time. But even those fights don’t have the lasting power of Gehrman for me. I’ve beaten him many times over now and haven’t touched the game since I got the platinum, but I’m still thinking about it, I’m still thinking about the lore and the story and it’s just so damn beautiful. I’m still listening to the music on repeat and watching the cutscene and the fight over and over again, I just can’t get over how a game this artistically masterful can exist and how I’ve missed it for so long, I wish I could experience it again and I seriously haven’t been this enthralled by a game since who knows how long. It’s such an amazing world and I’ve been immersed in lore videos and exploring Victorian music and art for hours because of it. I tried Vampyr to satiate my old London fix but it’s just not the same, the world of Bloodborne is so rich with lore and with little details and it’s so packed to the brim with everything I love about this kind of setting, I need more and I don’t know where to start looking. As I’m typing this out I have Gehrman’s theme on repeat and I’m trying to stop myself from blowing who knows how much on merchandise and statues of this game, I seriously never thought in all the games I’ve played it was possible to love a game this much, but boy was I wrong. If I could go back and play it all again without knowing a single thing and experience this all for the first time again I gladly would.

TLDR Bloodborne is my new favorite game and OST of all time and I need more like it, it’s just so damn perfect



Submitted January 31, 2019 at 11:16AM by HamSolo31 http://bit.ly/2Ww5p4p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...