Friday, January 25, 2019

Is it just me or is self care just extra work?

Everything about self care that I see seems to be about doing MORE work, which just stresses me out more. When I look up “self care” the activities seem to just be things like cooking, doing your hair/nails, doing art, volunteering, eat healthy food, exercising longer, etc. which is a lot of work and often stressful to get done, especially if you are already feeling like you need a break from the work in your life. As someone who has two jobs and is usually only at home and awake for 3 hours a day, I definitely don’t think that adding MORE work would help at all.

I gather that “self care” is about keeping yourself healthy in the long run, not happy in the present, but I think there needs to be at least some things that fall under both categories.



Submitted January 25, 2019 at 06:52PM by DE4D-B4RT http://bit.ly/2HF9f86

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...