Friday, January 25, 2019

Azur Lane has trapped me (and why I love it!)

Hi r/gachagaming! I posted this on the r/AzureLane subreddit yesterday and was really happy how much the community there resonated with my feelings. This isn't promotional, I just personally find this game to be a gem that totally scratches my gacha itch without frustration and crazy spending

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I can't believe how much I have fallen in love with this game and what it stands for in terms of gacha games.

The recent video tweeted by Crunchyroll of Manjuu CEO Dai Dai (Shuyin Lin) solidified further why I get so excited and invested in the future of AL. The transparency and communication of the devs and the relevance and popularity of the characters give me confidence of the staying power of the franchise. As a very low spender on mobile games, the direction of AL makes my time spent playing feel valuable and worthwhile. I was happy to drop $30 on the Shogatsu Lucky Bag containing 2,019 gems (premium currency), and pulling the skin I wanted (which I had planned to spend the gems on) made my whole damn day.

Its been said before, but the art in this game is gorgeous, I personally find the bullet-hell gameplay thrilling (I legitimately do not get tired of watching my waifus ships obliterate trash mobs and bosses faster and faster the stronger my waifus ships get, even on auto) and I can't wait for the anime to air and the PS4 game to come out and bring the franchise even more mainstream traction.

I always feel like a winner playing the game. Loading screen? Gorgeous art. Auto-farming at the end of the day over and over while watching TV? Finally, an SSR drop! Opening lots of crates? Wow! Just the equips I need! Sitting on the menu screen? Just stay and listen a while. I feel that everything put into the game is to maximize the players enjoyment, and I always feel rewarded just having a game to play with so much heart and passion put into it. It feels like a celebration of what gacha games should be.

I've probably been playing too long, but AL has always felt intuitive and easy to handle compared to other popular gacha games. I feel like there are no features that exist just for the sake of bloating the game, and I have never felt overwhelmed when it comes to events and limited missions for skins. With casual dedication, I can get nearly everything I want, and I love it.

As an avid player of FEH, FGO, GBF and Girls Frontline, this is the most enjoyable grind I have ever experienced in a gacha game because it doesn't demand my full attention. I've mostly dropped Dragalia Lost and my investment in FEH is dwindling thanks to AL doing so much right. The latest seasonal bait banner in FEH (Hostile Springs) and the announcement of Camilla's FIFTH goddamn alt (and her gross malnourished noodle arms) drove a nail deeper into the coffin 😒

The launch of Langrisser Mobile, a game I was really looking forward to, left an underwhelming taste in my mouth due to the distracting "banter" feature (I've turned it off) and the annoying chat up top that can't be disabled. After about an hour, I opened AL, went back to farming event maps and was back in my happy place.

I probably didn't give Langrisser enough of a chance, but after being spoiled on the loving production, generosity and communication of Manjuu/YoStar, I really feel that AL is my match made in gacha heaven. I've never gotten so excited for developer announcements, events, and new characters in a mobile game before.

Thank you to Manjuu and Yostar for making such an awesome game possible and sharing it so passionately with the West, it brings me a lot of happiness! 💕⚓

TL;DR: This is my favorite mobile game ever lol



Submitted January 25, 2019 at 05:57PM by sagelands http://bit.ly/2MzwNd0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...