Friday, December 7, 2018

Looksmaxing guide

So here is a small looksmaxing guide for y'all:

  1. Face
  • Skin - Follow skincare routine daily, don't skip it. Better skin - better look.

Morning: Cleanse, Toner, Essence (opt.), Serum (opt.), Moisturizer, Sun Protection (SPF). My fav moisturizers are Belief - The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb ~$35. Very light, absorbs quickly and does not leave an oily feeling. Neutrogena HydroBoost Water Gel ~ $15. It is very similar to Biotherm Aquasource Gel ~ $45 that I've used before, but is much cheaper and works pretty much the same.

If you have acne do your preferred/prescribed acne treatment. There is no universal treatment, something that works for me, might not work for you. Also, sometimes if you feel that acne creams/treatments is not working it might be due to other underlying reasons like hormones, diet, health issues. Check with your doctor to know for sure and fight your problem from different sides.

Evening: Makeup remover, Water or oil based cleanser essence, toner, facial oil (opt.), serum, night cream.

I like to remove make up and dirt build up from the whole day using Korean cleansing oil. You apply it to the face, massage, add water and it turns into milky/creamy cleanser.

Night creams tend to be heavier than day time, so choose what do you want to achieve and chose an appropriate night cream for that. I also use an overnight pack once in a while. I use Neutrogena Hydroboost Overnight Mask (you can try to use an individual one time use mask, they sell it in CVS). In the morning my skin looks supple and very fresh.

Serums are very good to achieve an individual goals for your skin. I like to use Vitamin C serums (you can find at BodyShop ~$17).

Once-a-month or even less often: Chemical or physical exfoliation, chemical peel (opt.), face masks, facials. For Face masks use the one you need, try to diy. I like to multitask and use different masks for different areas on the face as some areas have different needs. Google multimasking for reference.

Visit a cosmetologist for a professional facial. It can be pricey, but in return you get a professional to cleanse your skin/pores and pop the pimples for you. Also, they can provide you with tips and recommendations for your skin.

Extra - Face yoga, face massage, mewing. These can help to de-bloat your face, and make it sharper. Mewing is something I found on incel subreddit. Basically is a technique to help you change your lower face shape. If you want I can send youtube link to that. I just recently started it, so I cannot definitively tell you how my results are.

  • Eyebrows & eyelashes - Get your eyebrows plugged, so a professional can find your perfect shape, and after you can maintain yourself. Try to use Burdock Oil. In Russia, where I am from, it is very widely used for maintaining eyebrows & eyelashes and help to promote the growth and also add shine. In US Latisse is very popular for this purpose. I never used it but the results I saw on internet look amazing. Tint your eyebrows. If you find them too light do it, you can have it done professionally but it can also be easily done at home.

Eyelash Extensions (opt.) - Extensions can really add up to your look. Find someone who can make them look like it is your natural long eyelashes and you will seriously look better. You can also choose the effect you want: e.g. bigger eyes, cat eye etc.

  • Lips - exfoliate, moisturize. You can use toothbrush or make a diy scrub to exfoliate dead skin from the lips. And then generously apply your fav lip balm.

Lip Injections (opt.) - If you are not satisfied with your lips being to thin or the shape, injections can help to make the plumper, and don't be afraid that it will look fake and plastic. If you don't overdo it your lips will look great.

2. Body

  • Workout - Every girl has her goals, some want to lose weight or get toned, or gain muscle. I lost weight from 170 lbs to 143 lbs. Personally, I would recommend to find a gym where you feel comfortable and welcomed at. I don't like to workout with hot & sexy slim people around me. Some people do cuz it motivates them, but I found a little gym where mostly overweight or old people workout. Love it. No judging looks and friendly atmosphere. If you can't go to gym workout at home. I like Victoria's Secret workout on youtube. The workout are not long yet effective. I think that most important to find the sport/gym/workout you love, so you don't have to force yourself to go and do it. Workout at least 3 times a week, 1-1.5 hour per workout. Don't forget warm up. I like to spend 20 mins stretching.
  • Diet - and by diet I don't mean to starve yourself for a week and lose weight. I did that, I tried multitude of diets. All helped to lose weight and I felt happy. But in my 8 years of struggles with extra weight none of harsh diets helped to get a stable result. The weight always returned in higher number than what I initially lost. I always craved junk food and sweets. So what I tried is going raw food for a month, real food nothing extra added. By the end of a month my taste buds changed, donut - too sugary and sweet, pizza - too greasy. I realized how apple is sufficiently sweet to tame the sweet craving. Ofc, I am not saying I ditch all my fav food, allow it sometimes in moderation. Go healthy and clean eating. It benefits your skin, hair and body.
  • Care - Wash, exfoliate, moisturize. I use washcloth in the shower daily. It helps to exfoliate as well as promotes blood circulation. Use your fav cream, I prefer gel as cream is too sticky for me. I am using a korean brand aloe vera body gel.
  • Extra - Body wraps. Do it at home. All you need is your preferred ingredients (coffee, mud, honey etc.) for your need - detoxifying, slimming, hydrating, plastic wrap and something to wrap yourself in to keep you warm. I usually do body wrap in the bathtub as it can get messy sometimes. Body massage: Anti-cellulite can help to lose inches on your body, yet can be pricey, and you can actually do it yourself at home. You can buy special anti-cellulite massager or use your hands.

3. Hair

  • Care - Wash, condition, masks. Try hot oil treatment for hair growth and shine. I also tried onion hair masks, but tbh the stench is not worth the results (which were not dramatic).

Haircut - Find a haircut that suit your face shape. A good haircut can make your face or forehead smaller. See what suits you. We all different.

Dye (opt.) - You can color your hair that suits your skin and eye color. Experiment.

Hair Extensions (opt.) - I didn't have a good experience with those, but many girls seems to be loving it and their results look great. Add volume and length.

Tip (not suitable for curly hair): Blow dry your hair before leaving the house (for added volume) and also try to slightly curling your ends up. Makes a beautiful difference.

4. Fashion & Makeup

  • Fashion - Find your body shape and tips of what suits your body. Try to add femininity in your looks. Guys like "girly" girls. Even if you aren't one of them, try to find a dress or skirt that suits your style. It doesn't have to be tight and sexy, flowy dresses are very cute. If you are afraid to show your legs try darker tights to make them appear slimmer and longer. I personally adore black color and most of my clothes are black. It is chic, elegant and color of my soul. Don't be afraid that you'll look goth or punk (if it's not something you are into), just pair it with simple hairstyle (e.g. sleek ponytail) and natural makeup. It can make you look slimmer as well. Also, try monochromatic fashion look - one color look. Even if you are not into fashion - this can make you look very fashionable. Try to keep up with trends and buy few clothes or accessories to appear trendy.
  • Nails - take care of your nails. Do manicure (and pedicure). French nails are super chic or you can try creative french with other color besides white and nude used.
  • Makeup - People say makeup is art and it sure is. I myself don't like to apply lots of makeup where I don't recognize myself. Yes, I look good, but when I remove this makeup I have an existential crisis and feel little depressed by the difference. So I prefer rather natural, dewy, fresh makeup. Yeah, we might not be beautiful but natural makeup doesn't mean no makeup. It still helps to accentuate your features.

What I do is:

Primer, BB-cream (I use from korean brand Misha) mixed with foundation (creates a dewy effect and not as heavy), conceal pimples and under-eyes circles, cream contour (more natural) nose and cheekbones. When you apple foundation it makes your face one color and hides natural contour so apply contouring where your natural contour lays. Highlighter - use a little in the inner corner of your eyes (opens up your eyes add a sparkle), nose tip and upper part of upper lip lol (I use Fenty Beauty in pinkish color). Slightly dust your face with powder, especially where it gets oily. Blush with color similar to your natural color. Eyebrows brush and shape. Up to your imagination, but I think smooth curve is the most pleasing looking, as too arched eyebrows can make you look unapproachable and "bitvhy". Straight eyebrows suit some people. Natural eyeshadow (I use ABH Renaissance) - try cream eyeshadow for dewy look (Maybelline Color Tattoo is good and not expensive). Mascara. Lipstick - go with nude that suits your skin color. You can do red too if you wanna attract attention to your lips. I recently discovered Revon Bare Affair 044 and it the best nude I used so far. Apply lipgloss. This is injection free to get plump and luscious lips. I use Fenty Beauty and it is perfect lipgloss.

I've done it second time, first time I accidentally erased it :) Hope it is helpful.



Submitted December 07, 2018 at 02:08PM by readyyreddit https://ift.tt/2E4EUfI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...