Monday, December 24, 2018

I DID IT! (POH all bindings)

OMFG its a Xmas miracle. I just finished the PoH with all bindings. It has to be the hardest thing Ive ever done in gaming and Im so damn proud of it :). As you know if posted here before and I was pretty pessimistic about my chances.

Like i posted before, I resolved to beat AR in the HoG 25 times and do the PoH 10 more times. If i didnt make it by then my plan was to quit. Victory came at attempt 3. PV beat the shit out of me and I didnt bring any lifeblood to this fight. I got hit a lot of times, but I found that having soul to heal was priority number one. That is to say, I only cast abyss shriek etc when I was at full health. It took me a while. The platforms were easier by not rushing, I even stayed a couple of seconds on each platform. I was nervous AF during the last stage.

I didnt record this because frankly I didnt think this would be the winning run, and recording it made me more nervous. I would like to have a video, but Im never doing this again lol.

Now, I have the speed running and steel soul achievements left and thats it.

Some other thoughts:

1) I won it on the Switch, post Nail Arts fix/nerf. It didnt change much of the strategy though, I think Nail Arts are the way to go.

2) I had to repractice GPZ and Markoth before winning, because I died some of the times late in the run.

3) Its important not to chase AR too much or youre going to get screwed.

4) If you practice a LOT you can keep your nerves under control a bit, but that is the hardest part, because you dont want to start all over again.

5) Overall, I think it was worth it, but it was extremely demanding and I had to do things like do half the run and then the other half (I have a job and stuff)

Anyway, I hope I can help anybody else that is attempting it! Cheers!



Submitted December 25, 2018 at 12:52AM by rammpeth http://bit.ly/2EIFJuR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...