Friday, December 7, 2018

I can't even go to a university arts and crafts fair without the huns infecting the whole damn place

Me and a couple of friends went to the arts and crafts fair being held in the gym on campus as a study break today. You walk in, and its nothing but MLM's everywhere. Ones I noticed right away were: colorstreet, lularoe, young living, doterra, and some jewelry scheme that I didn't get a close look at. We basically made a giant loop around, found the department head's wife who sells really pretty homemade glass Christmas ornanments, I didn't have cash though :( . We ended up leaving because there was about 4 actual small business booths, they were leather working, 2 crochet, and of course the ornaments, but no one had money with them and we didn't want to see the MLM's(about 20 of those).

What's with these people and thinking that an arts and crafts fair is a good place to peddle their bullshit?? On a university campus no less, where the majority of students are poor, and the town itself is no winner either in the money department. We're a small factory town with a university in the middle of it. The only people attracted to their booths are family members and maybe a couple of unlucky students who get roped in by the colors and fake friendly "special offers". I wish I could make a formal complaint about it, because its utterly ridiculous and morally wrong for these people to set up their "small businesses" and prey on desperate college students who are easily vulnerable at these functions. No, I don't think an oil is going to fix my fucking anxiety for finals, Margaret Joe, and no, nail stickers is not going to make me feel fabulous during graduation, Billy Ann, because I'm already in debt from this damn place and the last thing I care about is fucking glitter stickers for my digits!



Submitted December 07, 2018 at 11:41PM by MerakandDubhe https://ift.tt/2L2IuZc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...