Friday, December 7, 2018

A personal thank you to Capcom

I don't usually do this often-give praise to game devs or any other creators of entertainment. As I don't consider myself to be a diehard fan of anything: game series, tv entertainment, novels, movie franchices etc.

But the one consistantly great thing I can look back on in my life playing games are my experiences with Resident Evil. Ever since I first watched my older brother play Resident Evil 2 on our Nintendo 64 a little over 16 years ago (god I feel old saying that) seeing him running through the zombie-infested, blood-soaked gauntlet that was the R.P.D and soon thereafter taking up the joystick to journey through hell myself. Resident Evil has always been the game that I came back to and thought "damn I love this franchise so fucking much."

I have played every single Resident Evil game since then, give or take 3 titles and ports (sadface) completing most of them in their entirety more than once on their hardest difficulties and I enjoyed playing each and every one of them, even the ones I consider to be bad. Out of all those titles though and I don't know if its because of my beginners bias or what, but none of those games could hold a candle to my love for Resident Evil 2.

When I saw the Resident Evil 2 Remake reveal, it was the happiest and most hype I've ever been for any video game ever, and I say that with confidence. I'm a gamer at heart, but any video game I've ever been excited for I can usually stave off my enthusiasm until the game comes out as to level my expectations.

But I'm positively bitting my nails, grinning from ear-to-ear giddy like a kid waiting up all night until Christmas morning right now and I have you to thank for that. The sound design is great, the graphics are state of the art, the recreation of the character models and scenery is virtually 1:1.

Recently though I had heard of some fans crying tears of joy over the footage of REmake2. Since that never happend to me I started to think "why am I not reacting like I should? Maybe I'm not a real fan, maybe this isn't my favorite video game of all time.."

I came to my senses quickly though and realized even though I'm not overcome with a melodramatic happiness that brings me to my knees and forces me to thank god up above. There are still no words to describe the sense of sheer elation and..pride I feel to see the Resident Evil 2 remake in all of its hi-res glory and seeing the RE franchise make it this far-20 years and still going strong.

Now I get to experience this gorgeous masterpiece all over again and I get to play it alongside a new generation of gamers who may never have had the chance to bare witness to its greatness as a veteran.

I don't want to go on for too long but I fear may not have said enough but I just wanted to thank you all again from the bottom of my heart and I wish you great success on your future endeavors as you hopefully continue to bring us great Resident Evil titles like REmake 2 is going to be.

Edit× Oh, there are the tears. Lol.



Submitted December 07, 2018 at 12:49PM by Usersnam3 https://ift.tt/2SwqIzT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...