Thursday, November 29, 2018

Has anyone else been treated negatively after a "glow up" or just putting more care into appearances?

Hello everyone,

For the longest time I was a tomboy growing up. Even after hitting university I didn't care about my appearance at all. I wore baggy clothes and generally looked like a hobo/tortured artist that showered (I am an art major though). After I got dumped by my boyfriend six months ago, I learned to put make up on, bought clothes that made me look much better and dyed my hair (ombre). Also my confidence went up like crazy due to unrelated reasons+glow up. I also found out that I have naturally wavy hair so I just let my hair do it's thing.

People have always treated me with kindness and respect. My brother always jokes that it's because our family has "low cheekbones and rounded features make us look so damn friendly" haha.

I've noticed a big difference in how people treat me.

"Positives"

- A bit more attention from men

- Women that look very put together engage in very active conversation with me about makeup, nails etc

- People at Ulta and Sephora don't treat me like a leper

Negatives

-People at Ulta and Sephora don't treat me like a leper.

- People assume I'm less intelligent

- People assume I'm a bitch ("Wow, for someone that's this pretty, you're really nice!" Am I being too sensitive by taking this as a huge insult??)

- People assume I am helpless "are you goign to be ok doing this?" "are you SURE that you'll be ok?" "Are you POSITIVE that you'll be fine doing this on your own?"

- Other women being kind of mean. "oh you know she's one of THOSE girls, look at how she does her hair everyday" (my naturally wavy hair).

- Other women doing that weird looking at you from head to toe thing and giving you a dirty look :(

-People are very focused on what my physical appearance is like.

I just never had to deal with such negativity just being judged by my looks and it's incredibly sad and infuriating. people went from seeing me as a wholesome, funny and quirky person to probably a superficial bitch. Or people think I'm being fake by being me?

Sorry this sounds more like a rant than a seeking advice post. I know people treat you differently according to how you look but I didn't realize how crazy it would be.



Submitted November 30, 2018 at 01:10AM by justHopps https://ift.tt/2PbK7nM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...